Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Running with an IPOD touch

I am considering getting one and was wondering if anyone hear runs with there touch and how does it behave.

Thanks

Comments

• Options

I've run with my iPhone a few times, and love it. My only issue is the size. I tried an armband-style holder, and it felt like there was a dinnerplate on my arm.

But the GPS-tracking is such a cool feature for my wife and kids to be able to use, that I really want to figger out how to bring it with me.

• Options
    I carry my iPhone when I run. Its a bit heavy but my Zoot shorts have a small side pocket it sits in. I just put it in a small snack size ziplock baggy and go.
  • Options

I've done the same (until I washed my touch...), and it works, though I agree about the ziplock bag.  Makes me nervous exposing it to too much sweat.

• Options

I thought it would be fine, but better to check. I actually have pouch on my water belt that it fits in.

Now to download some fun apps

• Options

The Nano is smaller (natch!) and thus less of a burden when in full flight on a run. If you can afford it, says my son, a Mac developer, get a Nano or shuffle for active use, and wait a month and get the iPad, which is basically a super-sized iTouch, allowing for easier video, eBook, and web-surfing.

If you do go with the iTouch, a neoprene clip-on case is essential for preotection from mositure, both human and environmental.