Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Temp calculator added to zones

So, The Pace and power calculator is great but it seems to me that adding a temp calculator to the same tool so that it would give you your pace zones adjusted for 5 degree increments would be of great help if you live where the temps fluctuate significantly.ie: put in you 5k time and average HR and the temp of the race and it spits out your zones at 60F, 65F, 70F, up to 100F.  Even though it would only be an educated guess, if you use Jack Daniel's Formula it would be really helpful to help me remember not to go for those Z4 intervals at 95F without adjusting.

Seems like it could be incorporated rather easily into the Pace calculator page?

Comments

• Options
    We do have a temp adjusted calculator in the Race Planning Resources & Tools section of the Wiki. Are you just looking for that or did you know it already existed and would like to see it incorporated into the zone calculator?
  • Options
    Bob, if you mean the temp calculating spreadsheet, I did look at that and I have used it and found it useful for race planning. I was thinking more along the lines of a simple addition to the current pace calculator where one would enter the temp on their test day and then the paces for each zone would be adjusted at, say 5 degree intervals so we could better adjust our workout pace goals based on the temp for the day.

For example (I am totally making these numbers up) :
    I run a 24 min 5 k on a 70 degree day and The pace calculator would give me the following output :

Temp 70 75 80 85 etc
    Z1 10:11 10:21 10:31 10:41
    Z2 8:46 8:56 9:06 9:16
    Z3 8:28 8:38 8:48 8:58
    Z4 8:12 8:22 8:32 8:42
    Z5 7:47 7:57 8:07 8:17

I would find that useful because I tend to push too hard on hotter days to get my goal pace when I should probably be adjusting my pace for the temp.