Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Colorado Training Camps: June and August

For ten years now, I have been doing 2-3 week long "Epic Camps" out of my home base in Snowmass (Aspen) CO. I usually do these within the context of IM prep training. This year, I will be there during the month of June, which for me will be weeks 8 >> 4 before IM Lake Placid. I'll also be there August 15th thru Sept 5th (just before Labor Day), again about 8 >> 4 weeks before IM Hawaii.

I'm always looking for training partners. I offer simply three things: a "free" (actually, $10/ night per person to cover utility and other expenses  - the same as I charge myself and all other family) place to stay, with a killer view; the opportunity to "live high/train low-ish"(my house is @ 2600 meter elevation) in one of the most beautiful and sport-friendly environments on the planet; and all the local knowledge and triathlon training and racing experience you can coax out of me.

Added opportunities this year:

• June 6/7, the local Ragnar Trail relay, which requires a minimum of 4 on a team, running non-stop (one at a time) for about 30 hours on trails which go right by my house.
  • The chance to acclimate during the week before Rich's Crucible Colorado camp June 25-28. I've done that Double Triple Bypass course over 2 days, and its no joke - gets up to 12,000 feet, most of the time between 8/10,000. Spend the week before with me, and you won't be sucking air while sucking Rich's wheels.
  • In August, ride as many of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge Routes as we want to, Aug 17-23; the race stops in Aspen overnight Aug 18/19.

Endless off road paved and unpaved running trails in forest and along rivers; the same roads or trails as Lance Armstrong, Tejay Van Garderen and other local pros use for high altitude training;  & a 70 F reservoir or one of three local pools.

Comments

• Options
    You got me thinking....I'll be prepping for IMC on 7/26....have you landed on your arrive/depart dates?....I've got some conflicts 6/17-6/21....but a tri camp the week before might work
  • Options
    June dates are pretty much the whole month...1-28. The original owners designed the house for family reunions, so I can easily host 8-10 people at a time in comfort. There is no specific, formalized agenda - just sow up amd dr into the IM training plan. IM LP and Canada are the same day, so the schedule fits.