Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

2015 EN St. Patricks Day 5km Challenge

Get your “GREEN ON” and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your Team EN Mates by running a 5k!

The challenge is simple:

1. Sign up for your local St. Paddy`s Day 5km road race.

2. Generate points for running distance, at or above TP, wearing a costume, drinking green beer and more.

Winner is the person with the most points. How fast or slow you run does not play into this challenge. Do you have the ``Luck of the Irish`` on your side? Can you win?

Join the St. Paddy`s Day 5k Run Challenge here.

Comments

• Options
    All in! My son's birthday is March 17! Any extra points for that??? image
  • Options
    Signed up my 6 yo daughter and I yesterday. It will be her1st 5k. TP miles won't be happening, so I'll have to work in the beer and costume for points.
  • Options
    Can you count the miles if you ran a St Pat's 5K, 10K and 1/2 marathon??
  • Options
    I may be in. :-) If it works out I will be running the Guinness 8k challenge. I'll have to drink 4 oz of Guinness every mile.
  • Options
    What dates does the challenge run from? There are St Patty's Day 5ks here both the weekend before and the weekend after St. Patty's Day.
  • Options
    Running half Mary tomorrow! Beer after....points for Guinness???
  • Options
    No St. Pat runs in the Middle East. image
  • Options
    So, no PR but averaged 8:00's for a new vdot mini bump. I will take that!
  • Options
    Light rain on our course. When I signed up I had hoped pt use this race as a potential pr. With running form issues lately and being sick during this week settled for just focus on form and go. Didn't look at my watch. Ended up with a time of 2:09 which on a hilly course is pretty dang good. The Irish car bomb and Guinness was awesome after the race.
  • Options
    I wasn't able to hold Z4 for any one mile. I did touch it several times. I ran 8k in 35:10. I held a steady pace with a zero split. The 4oz of Guinness each mile made it tough. If fact it prevented my final kick as the beer decided to revisit me for a "second tasting" :-) finished 21/240 in males running the Guinness challenge :-)
  • Options

I did the Run To Get Lucky 15k here in Corvallis, OR. I ran really hard (that's the one way I know ;-) ) and got a top 10 overall in 1:06:32. I even managed to beat my speedy 14 year old son on this occasion. My pace was 7:04 versus 7:10 Z4 pace. 

Post race I had two locally brewed amber ales. Strangely no, porter or stout on offer. I failed on dressing up in appropriate irish garb. 

• Options
    I did the Rogers HS St. Paddy's Day Dash 5k with my 6 y/o daughter. We'd been planning on this being her first official run for months. Unfortunately, we both came down with chest colds two days before the run. We almost cancelled it, but she really wanted to go for it. What a trooper. It turned into a walk after the first half mile. We finished and I spent some great one-on-one time with my little green tu-tued princess.