Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Back from Paris

First time in Paris, WOW, what a gorgeous place, and a beautiful marathon. Wine, cheese, bread and walking. Paintings, sculpture, gardens and parks...was fantastic! Back to IM training. At least my carb load is good.

Comments

• Options
    Rce report coming to tell us the cool sites on the course? Recommend it? Good for the family or friends?
  • Options

My husband did the running! He's done 17 marathons including Chicago, New York, Maui, Miami... he says Chicago is still his favorite race (great neighborhoods and crowds = no dead zones) but Paris is now a VERY close second. He said it was beautiful, just beautiful the entire way. The start and the finish are very near the arc de triumphe so it's VERY easy for family. Hotels are plentiful and everything you want to see is right there. We stayed a few days after and were delighted with EVERYTHING. I walked around 20 miles over 3 days. Not bad! It's a walking city and there is something wonderful around every corner. Only downside is the smoking. MAN those people like to smoke!