Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas
Options

2015 IM Texas Official Welcome and Sign In Thread

Welcome to the Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

Hi!!!

I'm in South Mississippi, and registered for TX again. I DNFd last year, should have changed to EN from my other coach when I was told about EN. But, I didn't. I have already learned so much from this site!

My goal this year is to race SMART. I want to finish my first IM, but while being smart about it!

Looking forward to getting to know yall!!!

• Options

Hello...

Texas will be my 2nd Ironman. I finished IMAZ in '13 and excited to see what EN and a full OS will add to my performance.

@Latisha... stick with the program... be consistent with your training... and EN will get you to the finish chute with a big smile... as Mike Reilly confirms what you already know deep down... 

• Options
    Hi there. IMTX will be my first Ironman. I live in The Woodlands, and really wanted to stick with a race that kept me close to home. My biggest goal is to START the race. Whenever I've signed up for big races in the past, I've always gotten some sort of over-training injury that prevented me from even showing up on race morning.

Aside from starting the race, I'd really like to finish it too.

If anyone has questions about the Woodlands and surrounding areas, please let me know and I'll be happy to let you know what I know.
  • Options
    I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as things get nearer. thanks
  • Options

last year before aging up.

this will be iron number twelve.       texas number three.    eighth last year.

hoping to make the show. 

live in tacoma, wasghinton.   

bike mainly indoors.   

though hopefully will train for a week in April in Hawaii.      hopefully staying between Kona and Hawi.

• Options
    Week 3 of T-plan, it's about time I joined the group.  IMTX will make #4 and will work to have a strong run off the bike- I have yet to do that.  Looking at all aspects of training, nutrition and pacing (patience) to make that happen.  Revamped the daily diet/ nutrition plan to support that goal.  Good luck with the training team-  have fun and stay healthy./ Mike
  • Options
    1st Ironman - competed in several Olympic and Eagleman 70.3 in 2014

Heading South for the Texas camp in March, looking forward to meeting you all down there.

I am focused on finishing the race, and finishing strong. Nutrition is my number one focus, making sure that I execute an appropriate strategy on the bike so I can limit any chances for a bonk.

I am bigger triathlete, Clydesdale division right now at 230 and looking to shed about 20 on race day. Recently read Matt Fitzgerald's Racing weight and trying to incorporate his main principles to get down into that 210 space.

Outseason has been going really well, experiencing some pretty significant improvements on the bike, which is by far my least favorite discipline.

Looking forward to continuing the dialogue as we get into the IMTX15 training plan. Stay healthy and keep moving.

Eric

• Options
     This will be my first IRONMAN! Super excited! I live in Austin and just did my first Half Ironman (Austin) in Oct.  Did great and thought I would try the FULL deal!  So far all is good! I just can't fathom doing 112 miles on the bike! That scares me the most image
  • Options
    Hi there! I live in edmonton Alberta canada, this will be my 3rd run at Texas and my 9th IM. Right now I'm in my last week of swim camp but due to a pulled hamstring at last weekends marathon I may have to re vamp a few things in the early weeks like my boston marathon in April is questionable now. But Texas is still a go ?? look forward to meeting you all In may
  • Options
    HEY TEAM!  WHO IS GOING TO CAMP NEXT WEEK!  HOW IS THAT WEATHER LOOKING image  DID I SEE RAIN?
  • Options

No camp for me. I only get 2 personal days for work ( I'm a school nurse) so I had to save those for race week. I'm totally jealous. But, I did make ti to 80 miles on the bike last year, so I remember most of that crappy ride!!!

• Options
    Greetings from Africa. My husband and I are expats in Lagos Nigeria and we have a home in The Woodlands. Will be doing my first IM and chose IMTX b/c it is my back yard. The first year they held the IM in TX I was sitting at a traffic light watching the bikes go by for 5 or 10 minutes. It was fascinating. Later that day, at the same light, sat and watched the runners going by. Last spring when watching YouTube videos of various IM's saw the IMTX finish and thought, "that could be me." 2 days later my husband informed me that I was registered.

My husband is doing IM South Africa in 10 days and it will be his first.

The goal is to finish. Doing all my bike on a trainer. It is not really safe to ride here, though it can be done. More and more I see bike packs with lead and following security. Maybe one day I will find the courage to do that ride. The run is on the treadmill or outdoors on cobblestone in hella hot heat and humidity. Swim is anywhere I can including the kidney shape cereal bowl they call a pool with a swim band. Fun times. My pain cave is also the living room and office so there is no escaping the work. Best part is I have a birds eye view of the kids school, so at lunchtime I watch them, from my bike, playing on the big green field.

Hubbs loves me so I got the upgrade for my 13hr. flight home before the A race. Have to travel with my bike and that is...near impossible to describe. Let's just say it is going to be a real treat.

Love the support and encouragement. I look forward to meeting everyone. Gonna miss camp but best wishes to all of you that can make it. Enjoy and also let me know if you have some questions about The Woodlands.

I have several places for bike tuning and repair if anybody needs the resource.

• Options
    Welcome Dana!!!!!  WOW! Your story is EPIC!!!!!!  Looking forward to hearing all about your journey! And looking forward to our race day together!
  • Options
    Crashing the welcome thread- anyone have a couch or bathtub I can stay in for the race?
  • Options
    I'd offer up our spare room, but my folks are coming in for the race. If it gets close to race time, and you cant find anything better, let me know, and we can probably put you up on the couch. But there's no guaranty of any sort of privacy.
  • Options
    @chris I really will barely be there since I'll be working- I need no space at all so trying to save mula
  • Options
    Mariah, I have one condition: you guarantee I finish my first IM?

No, seriously, when are you arriving and leaving? I may have space.
  • Options
    @dana Are you a First Time Finish Guarantee athlete? thats about all I can offer, plus a bunch of mojo and cheering on the course!! haha I will be there Wednesday through Sunday (was a day off before in my travels)
  • Options
    Mariah. I am a first time finish guarantee athlete and trying to figure out my first RR week. Need to submit my RR plan and a few other things. I am also arriving Wed. @ 5am leaving Sunday evening... I think.
  • Options
    Friendly reminder to sign up and help promote Texas 4Keys https://thefourkeystx.splashthat.com post to social media, invite friends and make sure to use the #EN4Keys hashtag when you're there- looking forward to seeing everyone!
  • Options
    My wife and I will be there to spectate. It will be the first IM that I've been to where I wasn't racing. Really excited about getting to watch my team and the pros.

Is there going to be an EN tent on the course? Also will there be a group going to watch the midnight finish?
  • Options
    I'll be finishing close to midnight so I'll be there image
  • Options
    Hey Everyone- going to be sending out some info for the 4keys talk- you might get an email, you might see it in this post and you might see it on the admin post (I might even send it by carrier pigeon!) Want to make sure everyone sees it- help us spread the word- a FB post will go out tomorrow about all things IMTX- please share!!! We have Rudy Project glasses to give-a-way and Energybits samples for the first 100 athletes!

Email info going out below!

Dear TX Four Keys Attendee -

Thanks for RSVPing to our talk this Thursday at 10am at the Woodforest Bank Club. We recommend you show up a few minutes early to get a seat and get ready to take some serious notes…the weather is going to be SERIOUS this weekend and Coach Patrick wants to help you get ready.

Full Directions to the Event are below.

Remember you can bring anyone with you: friends, family, teammates, beginners, veterans. The Four Keys Experience is designed for all ability levels. Our goal remains the same — get you 100% ready to race your best.

How to Find the Four Keys Texas:

Park in the Gold Lot off Six Pines Drive (next to the garage) and enter through the VIP gate next to that lot. You will see security near the entrance, walk through there and then onto the Woodforest Bank Club.

All Weekend you can find us online via Twitter (@TeamEN), Facebook (www.facebook.com/endurancenation) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/teamendurancenation) use #EN4Keys hashtag all weekend!