Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

IMCDA wk13 Long Bike Results

Time 4:50, Distance 81 miles, Elevation 2800, TSS 350, weight 191.5 (down 2.5 from IMSTG), ave HR 133. Ave NP 198. Assuming an FTP of 235, IF 0.84, VI 1.11.  Tired but not wiped out.

I know my FTP is higher, I test next week.

Comments

• Options
    Doug, we are super close in numbers across the board; might have to link up for a ride sometime before CDA....that's a strong 5 hour ride!

Time 5:01, Distance 87.4 miles, elevation 2273, TSS 260, weight 193 this morning (too many hot dogs and beer at Mariners' game last night), HR not syncing with Garmin, NP 165, IF .72, VI 1.07. Sit points, shoulders, neck, and quads not happy, but surviving; soreness caused me to stand a lot in last 1.5 hrs. FTP 229.

Doing it all again tomorrow in a self imposed big weekend as I may not get chance for a ton of miles over next two weekends.

Mark
  • Options
    Congrats on getting the two long bikes in one weekend. It would be cool to ride together. I have been training solo all along, would be good for a push. I am not sure a camp is in the cards for me, traveling next weekend, then it is my birthday the following weekend and wife is throwing a 40th party for me. I could do a long bike that day, but I really turn into a zombie after these long days and probably not good for a party. This is my first IM, have no idea what to expect at this point, esp after STG.

Thanks for the tip on route 7. I looped 507 to 510 today from UP. Love the raised F250s cruising by at 80, but the wide shoulders are great.

I don't know what I was thinking avoiding hill work prior to STG. That was just dumb. I will run my long run tomorrow, per the EN template, and plan to climb.

This is my second year with power, and while I thought I had it down at Austin last year, clearly the gearing was an issue at STG. I swapped out for an 11-28 (damn near went to 33) the day I got home. I agree, it is a real difference. Incredible really. Now I need to update my FTP to get a better estimate of my zones, but I am starting to get a feel for RPE now (esp on the bike), which I think is more and more valuable as the overall training load is building up on the plan.

DS
  • Options
    Didn't get all of the long bike in today; went back to truck for reload of fluids, and just couldn't bring myself to get back out there again - went running with the dog at Ruston Way instead. Still hit 15.5 hours of training this week, so the build in time is there.

If you are cruising 510 and want an extra hill workout, go down Ft. Lewis Road (no signs, so might have to mark it on Garmin) to the Tank Bridge gate. 1.5 miles down, then back up again...or you can jump the gate and do the hill on the other side too (which is one of my main training hills). I generally avoid the F250 areas:o) I've ridden full rehearsals in the Fort Lewis training areas and didn't see more than 20 cars/trucks. Sometimes it gets boring, so I'll shoot out and down Steilacoom/Dupont road to the Ferry landing and back (nice detour of this road is Solo Point - the hill before hitting the water is a beast).

After reading your .IF issues at STG, I've been playing around with my numbers as well. Rode today at around .64-.65, but still ended up at .71 with the bumps from hill climbing. Think I will likely take the lower numbers into CDA. Feel like I can still post a decent time; have to tell myself that sub-6 not that course is just not in the books. Think I rode around 6:35-6:40 last time. I'll need to retest soon as well, and really hoping that .71 is closer to a .69 with a higher FTP.

Anyway...have a good week.