Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

2015 IMCDA Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the 2015 IMCDA Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Hello! My name is Greg Fay. I'm 52, and am from Kansas City.

I've been a triathlete since 2010, and with EN for the past two years for CdA and Wisconsin in 2013, then Maryland in 2014. I'd done Louisville and Rev3 Cedarpoint Full in the prior two years back to 2011. Yes...I am returning to Coeur d'Alene for the second time in three years! image Why? I swore I'd never repeat a venue because they are so fun to checkout. But I have a number of good friends returning, it's a great and challenging course, and CdA is simply beautiful!

My goal is to PR CdA first, and secondly if the planets align, to PR overall. I switched to power "after" CdA in 2013, so am excited to see some improvement.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and supporting the team to another team victory!
  • Options
    CdA will be my second IM, after Wisconsin in 2013. 2014 was a bad year of injuries, so looking forward to racing this year! To compensate for pulling the plug on the 2014 season, I am attempting a two IM season, with CdA and then Wisconsin in September. Greg- I'd love to hear your experiences of this double. Very much looking forward to CdA, never been to that part of the country but looks gorgeous.

Where are folks staying?
  • Options
    Rachel, that's pretty wild...you are doing the exact same double. It worked out great for me. I did slip in Boulder 70.3 between the two which probably made it a little tougher. But seems the time between CdA and Wisconsin is about right.

We have several friends going, so ended up renting a home off Air BnB. One of our party backed out, so an extra room if interested in joining us! Splitting the costs ends out being a ton less than anywhere else we could get on your own. And it's within walking distance to the venue. LMK if interested and I can send you details to check out.
  • Options
    Bill Granger - I'm 48. I live in Ashburn, Virginia which outside of Washington DC. I've been doing triathlons three years now. This will be my third IM (Louisville '13 & Texas '14)and my first time doing CdA. I'm also doing Chattanooga this year. I've been a member of EN for a year.

My goal is to focus on improving my bike times this year. That seems to be where I can make the biggest difference in my overall performance.
  • Options
    Team,

Thought I'd jump in right quick. Mark Hickman, 42, out of Fort Lewis, WA. This will be my 3d IM with CDA in 13' and Wisconsin in 14'. First year training with power, and will be doing IM during the middle of my move to DC in Jun/Jul; looking forward to following ya'll during training, meeting you there, and racing as the EN team.

Mark
  • Options
    Shut the front door - SIXTEEN weeks to go peeps! How y’all feeling???

I’m Jenn Edwards, racing F40-44. IMCDA will be my seventh IM.

My IMCDA goals are to beat the “me” from last year which was a breakthrough year for me. I finished 7’ out of a Kona spot at IMCDA and 1 position (4th) out of a spot at IMC. Yep Greg, Bill and Rachael - my first double last year and it went really well - agree it's totally doable. Anyway, SOooooooo close to Kona last year - oh the humanity!!!! Will this be the year? Just got a new bike (P5) so NO excuses. Regardless, imma have fun trying’!!!

So far training is going well and somewhat to plan. I have a small “itis” in my left heel that I’m getting checked out this week just in case it starts to become not-so-small. Fingers crossed training continues to planned hope it’s going that way for you!

Mark - we're practically neighbors. Waving from unincorporated King County near Black Diamond. Nice weather lately, yes?!?

Most sincerely looking forward to meeting you all and here’s “Cheers” to a fantastic build and race!
  • Options
    100 days. I repeat, 100 days.
  • Options
    Greg, Bill, Jen ~ join us on the weekly update threads ~ we can use all the mojo we can get!!

Also, please take a few moments to enter your information on the EN team spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1qBU5AOjYzbNZ9e8DWHNRcNCasV29RxUJX65pSZWso/edit#gid=123

Mark