Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Training LP 5/14

Will anyone be in LP this weekend? I plan on going up Friday and doing the scheduled 4 hr bike on Saturday/3 on Sunday. I heard the water temp is 66. Happy training!!

Comments

• Options

I'll send jealous fast thoughts your way from the drainer in my basement in Syracuse, NY. Enjoy the fresh air.

• Options
    Good Luck with your training in Lake Placid this weekend.
    Can you post a follow up on how the roads looked this weekend?
    I am going to Patrick's camp weekend in June, and might try to go again around 4th of July.

Thank You.
  • Options
    Training went well. I road the course slower then I had panned. I'm not sure if I was just tired or I forgot how challenging it was compared to when I road it for "fun" 2 years ago. It definitely makes you realize smart riding is a must!
    The roads were rather dusty. Hopefully a good rain storm is in the near future. They are doing bridge work in Keene (base of the descent) where the roads are rather rough approaching it. There is a detour in Wilmington due to bridge repairs as well, you'll ride parallel to 86 and come out by the KOA campground. The out and back is a little more rough as well. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thank you very much.

Patience on that course takes a lot of focus for me.