Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2015 IM Louisville - What's between the OS and Game Day?

Hello all, since some/a few/all of us are now ending the OS (or whatever else you were doing up until today), thought I would check in and see what we're going to do between now and game day.  I have a hack-a-thon going with the workout schedule due to work travel for the next two months, but I'm hoping to get one local sprint in on 10 May, 70.3 Incheon on July 5th, and then a relatively stable (I hope) IM plan build ending on the pier in Louisville.  How about you?

Comments

• Options
    I'm moving from the get faster training to half IM here next week. I am going to do Toughman Wisconsin in June. In July I will switch to full IM training. October seems a long way off, but will probably come before we know it.
  • Options
    On the HIM plan until May 28th when I do the Hawaii 70.3. It has been a really bad training cycle with me missing many workouts, work has been crazy. But the Hawaii race is more of a fun race, it's a team race for my local tri group. I just need to survive the swim. :|

I think Coach R has me doing the get faster after that. and sometimes in July is when I start the IM training.
  • Options
    I'm just finishing up GF and moving into HIM plan tomorrow. I've got a 70.3 in May (Mother's Day weekend), a ridiculous century ride that I was talked into at the end of May then another 70.3 (Syracuse) in June. After that a few local Oly and then IM training begins in July for me as well. This May 70.3 should be interesting given I haven't been on my bike outside once since Sept 2014 image
  • Options
    I'm in the middle of Get Faster and finishing in May. Training has been a little spotty because of family, travel, work but I figure better now than in September. Trying to earn a few FAU for later this year. I start HIM training in May for Lake Logan (August 8) and then into IM training. Gonna do a few open water swims this spring. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Options
    Two 70.3s in the last 4 weeks now under my belt. Taking a two week transition before starting an Advanced Get Faster plan for May and Advanced HIM plan for Jun enroute to ITU worlds. Apart from the training I'm considering the following:

May 2nd - Hurricane Man 2.4 mile open water swim off St Pete beach. My 5th time at this race...attracts lot of real swimmers and a few triathletes.
    May 17th - Cheaha Challenge in Alabama. Century ride with 9700+ ft elevation climb. This one is tentative.
    May 23rd - Sprint Triathlon followed by 56 mile ride (wife drops me off part way home).
    June 20th - Heartland Olympic Triathlon. Blow out the carbon the day before we head to Sweden. I get big SAUs for trips like this.
  • Options
    I'm calling this my crazy year, Triple T in May, a half in June and July, WI in Sept and Lou in Oct!
  • Options
    Great plans everyone! Make sure you drop back in and let us know when you had a great workout and definitely let us know how your races went. Good, bad, ugly, we can all learn from real life experiences and lessons learned.

Keep on it!
  • Options
    Bumping this thread for a June pulse check. Take a minute to tell us how good/bad/meh your training / racing has been so far. We're not quite to the point where we think about training for and racing Louisville (but we're getting there).

My early season sprint went well. 5 minute improvement from the previous year and a few spots closer to the front overall, but a couple faster dudes in my AG showed up so I got bumped back a few spots in my AG. But overall very happy. My training has been very spotty due to significant work travel (in 9 weeks, I will spend 6 of them away from my bed/bikes). It is what it is and I'm becoming a master of finding pools and stationary bikes around the world. I have very low expectations for my July race. image

How about you?
  • Options
    Morning Lou peeps! Thanks for keeping us involved Roy, I sometimes forget, given all the HIM training Im doing, that Lou training is coming up very soon!!

As I mentioned Im knee high into HIM training right now. So far 2015 has been a great year for me. Ive competed in 2 road races (10 miler, 13.1) and one 70.3 yielding PRs in all 3, with a 1st place AG award in the 70.3 a few weeks back. Im gearing up to race IM70.3Syracuse in a few weeks and feel ready to see if the PR streak continues (no pressure, hahaha)! Once Syracuse is over I will jump into a few weeks of GF prior to entering in week 10 of IM training.

Hope everyone is well and you're slaying your training/racing!!!
  • Options
    I'm on my second major build of the year getting ready for Sweden later this month. I'm taking 5 days off after that race then starting my IM build with Austria 70.3 included as part of the fun. Looking forward to meeting everyone there and hoping for cool weather.
  • Options

Hello Everyone.  Loving Wisconsin right now! The weather gods have finally changed things to triathlon perfection and I am loving the outdoors once again.  Have two olympic races coming up back to back weekends.  I can't wait to see how I do.  Been working on the get faster plan and hope to see some solid numbers.  I will then do a big bike week before going on vacation for two weeks to Europe to celebrate 25 years with my awesome wife.  I will do mostly running there and rent a fun bike to ride around Amsterdam.   Then mid july I kick in IM training with a 70.3 Toughman Minnesota  late July.  Then August, September, watch out....

I am pumped up about this season!  I feel like I will meet my goal of breaking the 12 hour mark and staying healthy.

Oh, I turn 50 in 11 days.