Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Canada
Options

Week 19 IMC

I believe this is the start of our Taper. Though by peaking at the training schedule it still looks like a lot but I guess long run is only 80 minutes, that will feel good, and only biking one of the weekend days next weekend and lots of swimming which I enjoy.

So close....to the race

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday's race rehearsal was rough.... Happy to have the BIG work behind me. Now need to stay safe (fell down on Friday's run), healthy (one kid keeps coughing) and lean (less work = less food for the next two weeks)
  • Options
    My RR was ok....really warm and low humidity....I efffd up my nutrition on the 2nd lap and was dehydrated when I started the run....got thru it ok but note to self on what NOT to do on race day....likewise I'm also glad to be past all the heavy lifting....lots of loose ends to tend to tie up this week

@ Jeff I saw your post on your displeasure w/gatorade....I share your thoughts ....just to sweet for me....my stomach is pretty forgiving/flexible so i've been thinking about alternatives as well...my plan for the run is to carry a water bottle and small bags of premeasured perform....i'll refill every 3-4 aid stations and resupply @ special needs
  • Options
    I got a draft of my race plan posted today and would lover your feedback and critique. http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/19164/Default.aspx

Had a good open water swim yesterday (yes it was a rest day but I figured it was just the swim I would have done today). Had a good run this evening. Dropped bike off today at bike store for new chain, tires, tubes and will pick up tomorrow and test out on tomorrow evenings ride.
  • Options
    Dropped off bike w/TriBike transport yesterday....I'm all in now....will be riding road bike for the next few rides....time to start gathering goodies and making lists
  • Options
    Saw in an email from Brenda she thinks I am race captain. Not sure why that is unless it is because I've started a weekly thread for us to talk each week. I've not done this course nor been to Whistler so not sure I am best qualified for this nomination. I think the main things she wants to know is where to meet up before the race for a team photo and where to meet up afterwards for those that want to have a beer (I'll pass on the latter as we're departing hours after the race). Anyone have suggestoins for Brenda on this? Dave--you have a lot of knowledge of the course and venue. Additionally--do we want to change our restaurant EN Dinner to another restaurant that could accomodate us all.
  • Options

Jason....too bad.....looks like you're the race captain!  

I'm going to try a gatorlyte solution to add to the on-course gatorade as I fill my BTA, as suggested by Coach P.  If you're also having trouble with your gut and plain gatoradem take a look at Coach P's last post in my micro forum.  I'm gonna try it saturday.  Hope it works...or I'm screwed!  

My bike left with TBT yesterday, so will be on the road bike Saturday (which I love!) and that's ok with me.  I'm about ready to put the TT bike away for a few months (after one more little long ride in Canada).  Got new shifter cables and had them install a ceramic speed chain for me (which the bike shop guys obviously think is a gimmick!).  

Got only 2hrs sleep sunday night due to emergency case, so I rested/went to bed early Monday and didn't swim or run.   Ran an hour with 2 miles at TP last night and got in a 3800y swim today.  One more long(ish) run tomorrow and one long swim and then it's time to pack.  Gotta get my race plan up and posted....but my nutrition is still in progress so will probably wait until Sunday to post it.  

• Options

One question for those of you vets to this race.....do I need to do a money exchange in Vancouver, or can I just use American money?  (don't laugh at my stupid question.....I hear you laughing....).  If so, do it at airport?....or other....??