Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2015 IMWisconsin EN Bike Racks - DEADLINE Thursday, July 30

As a part of our TriClub Program Loyalty Benefits, that we received for winning the 2014 IMTriclub competition, Endurance Nation has secured a TriClub Bike Rack at 2015 IRONMAN Wisconsin.  I have been asked to verify names that WTC has on there list of athletes who have affiliated themselves with EN with the list that I have.

I took names from the introduction thread and the names they had on their list and put them on the EN Event Sheet. Please check on this list to ensure you are there, so you can experience, what we think is going to be an amazing amount of energy on race day. It is going to be a sea of red.

You can find the EN Sheet link HERE. I have to have this information back to WTC on Friday, July 31, there I need this information from you no later than 5pm on Thursday, July 30th.

If you are on this, and do not want to be racked with EN, please let me know as well.

Thanks Team

Comments

• Options
    Is the rack location better for the triclubs or for AWA silver or gold status?
  • Options
    Looking into this now
  • Options
    I am still waiting for for final entry confirmation from Team Reserve Aid but I have entered my info on the spread sheet. I would love to be racked with EN if possible.
  • Options

Posted By Robert Sabo on 22 Jul 2015 03:09 PM

I am still waiting for for final entry confirmation from Team Reserve Aid but I have entered my info on the spread sheet. I would love to be racked with EN if possible.

Cool. I believe that RA may have their own rack space so there may need to be some deconfliction done there. I'll have Brenda make that note when she submits our list to them.

All part of my plan to come out of the water first, grab a can of Silly String and go crazy on everyone's bikes. Bwuahahahah!

• Options

From the WTC TriClub folks:

Below is the order of the races, going backwards from the bike mount line. Or, rather, the Pro racks are closes to the bike mount line, then the PC racks, etc:

1. Pros (lowest bib #s)
    2. Physically Challenged
    3. Charity/Foundation
    4. AWA
    5. Tri Club
    6. Age Group Athletes (higher bib #s)

So EN will get a full rack (or most of one, I guess, as a function of how many people we have racing for us) and our bib numbers will all be together. And there will be an "Endurance Nation" sign or something at the end of the bike rack. Personally, I think it would be pretty fun to have one place for everyone to see each race morning. I would bet that the Pro, PC, and Charity racks are about 3-5 racks total. Racks, not entire rows. I don't know how big AWA is but this puts the TC racks pretty damn close to the bike mount line, likely much closer than you'd be as a non-EN AG'er. 

• Options
    Wisconsin has a LOOOOG transition area. Having your bike racked on the West end of the ramp is an advantage. If your a fast swimmer you may want to rack with the team rather than with all of those other fast swimming AWA people. It may be less congested.

• Options
    I am very excited to have my bike racked so close to the bike out! I hate running with my bike for long distances, and my AG bike location was close to the middle in 2010. Yesss!!
  • Options
    Looking forward to it...agree with Rich, fantastic fun to have our bikes racked together.
  • Options

Posted By Mark Stahlkopf on 23 Jul 2015 12:41 PM

Wisconsin has a LOOOOG transition area. Having your bike racked on the West end of the ramp is an advantage. If your a fast swimmer you may want to rack with the team rather than with all of those other fast swimming AWA people. It may be less congested
    On the other hand, if you're a crappy swimmer but AWA, you might be in really good shape with the AWA racks. Sort of like when I swam 37' (no wetsuit!) at the half-iron World Championships and my bike was ALONE on the rack!!

• Options
    Okay, so no one said NO that they do not want to be racked with EN. I will submit everyone who is on the EN Event sheet today by end of day. This is your last chance to say NO.
  • Options
    Thanks for taking care of this for us, Brenda!