Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

IM Boulder Official Introduction Thread

Welcome to the IM Boulder Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    I'm in. In 59 years I've never been to Colorado so time to do it. Too early for goals especially since altitude will come into play for this lowlander (Little Rock, AR). I do know of at least 4 others from our local tri club who are going to be there. Hope to see y'all!
  • Options
    Hello all.Eric Blakie from the north of the UK.I've been to Denver many many times so this will be nice ---never raced there just been downhill on skis or to do business.Biggest risk is the dryness--it will catch you out if not careful.My long suffering supporting wife Dot will be with me.It'll be about my 33 rd IM race.
  • Options

I'm Mark Cardinale and I live about an hour away from Boulder so this race is practically in my own backyard.  This year I step up to the 45-49 age group and i'm excited to see what i'm capable of achieving. This will be Ironman #2 for me and i'm psyched to be racing in front of friends and family.  I'm trying my best to work hard during the out season and bring the fitness up and weight down while remaining injury free.  Some days and weeks are better than others but overall things are moving in the right direction.  Eric is right about the dryness.  Anyone coming from lower elevations and/or a more humid climate will want to stay well hydrated as soon as you arrive in colorado.  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and meeting folks at the race. 

And Eric, i met you, your wife and son in CDA last year.  It will be nice to see you all again!

• Options
    Hi...Philip, from Boulder. Looking forward to it. This will be ironman #10 and a new age group. I've been on the couch for 2 years from an illness and then a bad bike crash. So I'm pretty excited to be healthy enough to give it ago. I trained with EN a few years back and they helped me reach my PR. So I'm going back to what works. In Week 11 of the Out Season, with the swim focus up next.

And yep on the dryness in Colorado. It's silly dry. Like turn you into a piece of irnman-jerky dry. Cactus grows in the fields here.

Kia Kaha
  • Options
    Hey everyone, Eric from CLT, and real excited about Boulder. Doing OS training now and feeling good. Going to try to get to CO in the spring for some altitude training.
  • Options
    Hey guys. Brett Prince, currently from the Boston area. IM Boulder will be my second IM. A move, job change, house reno, and additional excuses knocked me way out of shape, but that is behind me and the OS is going smoothly (except for a lot of travel).

I'm really looking forward to this race. My in-laws and a bunch of friends are in Denver/Boulder so I'm hoping to have a lot of support at the race.

Best of luck to everyone as we prep for this race.
  • Options
    I am in as well. This will be IM #3 for me, took last year off tri's and did a few ultras and marathons on the run side. From the St Louis, MO area but have family in the Springs. Did 70.3 Boulder a couple years ago, so looking forward to the race. My OS was hit and miss because of flu (first family then me), travel, work, etc. Starting to get back in the swing of things getting ready for Boston in April. Looking forward to getting back in the tri mode.
  • Options
    Hi all,..Alex here from MI. This will IM#2 for me. Training has been on/off due to frequent travel, but last 3 weeks have been solid. This will be my 40th birthday celebration together with 2 friends from Mexico City.
    I am doing the Lake Placid Tri Camp to train for the hills of Colorado...lookin gforward to train and race with the EN group.
  • Options

Hi everyone.  John from Newport Beach, CA.  IM Boulder will be my third IM.  I travel to Denver a bunch for work, so will do a bit of altitude training in two weeks and see how it goes.  Not sure if it is helping but also got one of the altitude training masks - definitely can feel a difference during training and in subsequent training sessions without the mask.  I only wear it for early morning training runs or trainer rides indoors as it gets some very scared looks out of people.  Hahaha.  We'll see if it helps with the altitude.

Look forward to meeting everyone out in CO!

• Options

Hey Mark --indeed be good to see you again.Did Mexico last month but hot hot hot and struggled with cramp on run as I did in CdA--its a hydration issue and I have just got to force myself more if its hot/dry--got IM Lanzarote on 17th May with our Alan again.Be my third time there and it is a very very hilly bike.Alan is flying ----he ran a 1.18 stand alone half marathon a few weeks back then did a 4 hrs 23 half IM at Florida including a 2.24 bike split and 1.26 run !

• Options
    Hello everyone!

I had already signed up and paid for IMCDA when IM Boulder was announced. It was one of those: "I can't NOT do Boulder when it is practically in my backyard and it is the first year!", so I'm signed up for two IM distance races within 5 weeks. Not quite sure how this is going to work out, but I am just hoping to enjoy the day.

I was sad to lose the Carter Lake portion of the course, but I still think it will be a challenging bike. The unpredictable weather could be the biggest factor. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
  • Options
    Hey! I'm Heather, living in Arkansas. This will be IM #10 for me, but I really trying to cut some serious time off of my PR. I know it will be tough but looking forward to the challenge!
  • Options
    Hey all,
    Please add your information to the team spreadsheet, and RSVP for dinner on July 31:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At8t0x4dO0EHdGhBVWQydXN3cHNtTHBKUF8tMXVhSUE&usp=drive_web#gid=128
  • Options
    Any chance of one of the coaches heading to Boulder...nudge, nudge
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I'm 45 and live in Palm Harbor, FL. Getting really excited about this race.
  • Options

HI. My name is John and I am from New York.  I have visited Boulder on a lacrosse recruiting trip with my son.  This will be my first full on August 7, 2016.  Any tips/advice for this race would be greatly appreciated.