Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Week 20- RACE WEEK!

Well kids, we made it!  I'm currently going back and forth between almost forgetting that I have an Ironman in a few days and then not being able to think about anything but.  Thankfully I have a busy couple days at work to keep my mind off the taper madness.  I was having the typical taper woes last night.  I do trust the taper and the plan, but I had to do my final RR in week 17 due to travel and now that seems so long ago.  Obviously I've completely forgotten how to ride a bike!  On the positive side, I had an awesome swim on Sunday.  I definitely slow down in the second half, but I felt like my form mostly stayed together and I felt strong and not totally wiped out.  

Stay sane friends, stay sane! 

Comments

• Options
    Saturday bike ride was on the trainer because I was afraid of Labor day weekend Beach traffic and it was no fun. Sunday open water swim in the ocean was fun. New LG trisuit worked well under the wetsuit. Monday ride was outside on the roadie early and was nice to be on the bike again and the brick run following was hard to control my energy. Monday afternoon massage was timely and well needed. Late night swim tonight with masters as my regular pool closed yesterday for two weeks. Getting my final stuff together and fly out tomorrow. I am worried that my TSB is getting too high now. It's +9.9 and predicted to be + 30 on race day. A little bit of knowledge is dangerous.
  • Options
    My TSB will be around 30-35 on race day.

I bought this new thing for my trainer, the Kinetic InRide, which is supposed to add calibration to virtual power to make it more accurate. It wasn't accurate at all, wayyy over reported power. I ended up riding by RPE and Heart Rate. I can't wait to have my PowerTap again.

I fly out Thursday. My living room floor is covered with gear. I will pack it all tonight for the most part.

Excited for the GroupMe texts to start showing up!
  • Options
    Ready to get going! I told someone at work that I was taking Thursday off to get some last minute training in, and they looked at me dumbfounded.

Ready to roll, here coming in Friday morning first thing. Register and 4 keys talk, and chill.

Just as heads up a popular pre-race spot Paisans closed yesterday due to fire and will not be open this weekend.

http://host.madison.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/fire-closes-paisan-s-downtown-restaurant/article_867cb5f4-0fe5-58f3-b237-46011c498fa5.html