Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

IM MD - Week 19 / 20 - 2 to go... OMG!!!

Well... I don't know about my fellow IM MD peeps, but I am officially DISTRACTED at work now, and I have a feeling this isn't going away until ~10/7 or so.   My mind is just buzzing with things to remember / shit to do / calls to make / etc..., that I don't want to be thinking about next week!  Bike is in the shop getting its mani/pedi; nutrition is all bought (almost... need a few powerbars); hubby has finally committed to come; hotel res confirmed (altho we're still looking for last minute cancellations closer in); rental car booked yesterday (oops, we forgot that!); blah, blah, blah... At least, I'm not worrying about workouts; that work is for the most part done!  Now, it's all about logistics.

Here's a link to the EN master checklist, which I've found very useful - http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/Default.aspx?topic=Triathlon+Checklists

And a cool link on how to pack your bike - http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/packing-steps.shtml

Also, one last request to make sure your athlete info is all up to date:  Also, please visit the official EN Race Page, find IM Maryland in the tabs at the bottom, and enter your information. Click here IM MD Athlete Info.

Comments

• Options
    Work for me is gonna be balls to walls right up to Wednesday night. So maybe that's a blessing that it will keep me from over obsessing about the race!

• Options
    yah, I'm distracted at work these days, but I'll be honest, that's the case a lot of the time anyways.

Did easy bike and an easy run this morning. Noticed some tightness in my back from RR2. I'll have to get my 7 year old to walk on my back tonight to work out the kinks.

out the door at 6:30 for the run and it was still pretty dark out.

HEAD LAMP or even just a flashlight is a great thing to have with you in transition the morning of the race. Its going to be DARK at 5am when the doors open.

• Options
    Yes, Headlamp is on my packing list too! And for Julie (or others coming from farther away), be sure to pack hat, gloves, fleece top to wear to the start and put in your "morning cloths bag". It's gonna be cold at night and cool in the early morning.
  • Options
    I know it's getting close because I'm starting to check the weather in Cambridge....like several times a day image

Everyone be careful out there and keep your wits about you. Had a guy totally turn into me on my bike ride this am. If I was spacing out (not uncommon at taper time), I would have broad-sided him, but was able to swerve and BARELY miss him.
  • Options
    You are right Steve! It's time to bathe in hand sanitizer, wrap ourselves in bubble wrap, and avoid small children, old people, and hospitals! If I could just stay in bed for the next 10 days and not go outside that would be great!
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. added Cambridge to my weather Ap on my phone yesterday...looks like a strong possibility for a very nice day for our race. fingers crossed.

• Options

I feel like time is simultaneously standing still and moving at warp speed.  The race seems a long way off still but I also feel like time is running out to get everything dialed in, packed, etc.   Probably doesn't help that work became REALLY busy in the last few days and is going to be hectic right up until I peel out Wednesday afternoon.  

Hope everyone is enjoying the taper!

• Options
    As I sit here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina dealing with 15-20 mph winds from the NE for the past few days, with predictions of it going up to 30+ this weekend (there goes my chance at a final bike ride or an OWS in the wettie), I'd say we should all be thankful the race is NOT this weekend!!! Keeping fingers crossed this sucky nor-easter moves the hell along by next weekend!
  • Options
    BTW, I'm still feeling kind of tired from last weeks big push...although todays last 80 minute run was a total non event.

this weekend I will be working on my checklists and packing.
  • Options
    Totally agree Nate....little tired at start of week but run was like "whatever
  • Options
    Whoops...hit submit accidentallyimage.

Gear bag for TBT all packed. Able to get 150' ride in on bike before having to turn it in today to be picked up. Last year for IMFL had to have bike dropped off earlier, so happy about that. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!
  • Options
    FWIW, there are a few rooms that opened up at the Hyatt in Cambridge.
  • Options
    1 hour bike on the trainer this morning because a nor'easter is kicking our ass out here on OBX! I'm officially in the "can't we just get this dang thing over already?" phase!
  • Options
    David Chaney, I love you!!! SO HAPPY TO GET A ROOM AT THE HYATT!!! Yeah, we're paying out the kazoo, but then, I just heard what my work bonus is, so... WTH!!
  • Options
    Julie, Glad you got a room. I switched too. Yes, it's expensive but considering my other hotel was 50 minutes away, I think it is worth it. My wife especially thinks so ??
  • Options
    David, yep, my hubby will be happy too, especially when he sees "golf resort"! Thank you so very much for posting that!! See ya soon!