Home Announcements 🎙
Options

When to switch training plan question

April 5 is the magic day to start race prep for IMCDA.  I have all the upcoming Outseason weeks already downloaded from the season plan that take me through April 4 - when am I supposed to change to the 12-week IM plan?  Do I do it on April 5, or before then?  If before, do I do it now, or wait until next week?

Comments

• Options
    Carly- I beleive if you change it now what you will see in your "Training Plan" is basically a blank page that says "Your plan starts on April 5". I'm not sure if you'd get a view of the first 4 IM weeks or not. But if you leave yourself in the OS plan you'll continue to see your OS workouts.

I'd probably leave myself looking at the OS plans and would just make the switch sometime mid week next week. In the end, it's kinda up to you. Nice thing about this self admin thing is that you can always change it back if you don't like it!
  • Options
    I made that exact switch last week and it worked just as Nemo said with the system allowing me to view Week 1.
  • Options

Note: if you need advice on your season, what plan to use when, etc, PLEASE post it in the Macro Thread, not here in the Admin forum. RnP see the Admin forum as just that...admin questions, not coaching questions. Something about the site is whack, I can't login, I've been double-billed...admin stuff, not coaching. Thanks!

• Options

I had a similiar question that I posted in the macro thread.  Rich told me to post it here, so since this thread is started I will continue my comments.  I finished the OS last Sunday and am in tranisiton for 2 weeks before starting HIM on April 5.  I wanted a peek of the plan, so from the dashboard I went to change my plan  to HIM and also clicked on the tab MY Season ended and I want to train.  That brought up the plan nicely, but what I didn't realize was that the plan actually started on Monday and showed up on my dasboard as if I was actually training.  I didn't want that to happen because I am not ready to train yet.  So, I went back and changed the plan back to the OS and clicked on My Season has ended, put me on hold.   What I am trying to say is, if you want a peek of the plan go ahead and look, but you will need to change the plan again when you are actually ready to begin training if you want it to come up on the correct day on your dashboard.  Sorry this is wordy, hope it makes sense.  If I am wrong please someone correct me.

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 26 Mar 2010 10:51 AM

Note: if you need advice on your season, what plan to use when, etc, PLEASE post it in the Macro Thread, not here in the Admin forum. RnP see the Admin forum as just that...admin questions, not coaching questions. Something about the site is whack, I can't login, I've been double-billed...admin stuff, not coaching. Thanks!

I am really sorry if I posted my question in the wrong spot - I saw Kathy's original (very similar) in the Macro thread and the response to her was it was a admin/platform question vs a training question and should go in the admin forum.

I thought I was posting in the correct forum; please know my error wasn't intentional and I am really sorry I posted it in the wrong spot.

I think I figured it out - so thank you Nemo, Al and Kathy for the replies.  Sorry again!