Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

IM MD 2.0 - Week 19 / 20 ... time warp

IM MD peeps - we live to race another day!!!  Some in 12 days in Cambridge; some in North Carolina; some in a few months; and some next season.  For those in the time warp, re-doing week 19 of your 20 week plan... again... - here's your thread.  How are you adapting this week's training to accommodate the situation?  How are you doing mentally?  I'm seeing a lot of very positive mojo on the IM Maryland fb page; people seem very thankful that IM was able to pull this together in 2 weeks.  Fingers crossed for excellent weather!

Administratively, please update the race xls so we all know who's really going and who's not.  I'm not, since I made the decision to hop on over to Cozumel in 8 weeks (so I'm really in a time warp!!) I have thoroughly enjoyed being your race captain and will be very sad in 2 weeks when I see photos of all these awesome EN teammates I've gotten to know through cyber-space over the last few months, but... I will be very, very happy for you all and cheering madly.

Be safe and smart these next 2 weeks, and let that execution ninja rip 10/17!!!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for all your hard work Julie. Sad you won't be with us....good luck in Coz!

Question(stupid I think)....I wasn't in the tracker before because can't figure out for the life of me how to get my bib number(1993) on the spreadsheet. Have my name in but couldn't add my bib number after they came out
  • Options

Hey Steve, I don't even see your name in the master race spreadsheet.  Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1qBU5AOjYzbNZ9e8DWHNRcNCasV29RxUJX65pSZWso/edit#gid=169

Have a great race!!

• Options
    Julie, sad you won't be there, but I think you have a good plan going forward. This is all just a game and supposed to be fun.

Time Warp indeed. I have to adjust my schedule this week as I have to travel on Friday to attend a wedding in CT. No big deal as I should be able to run while I'm gone and may even find a pool (haven't done laps in a pool since 2012).

Anyways, did a cold swim in my lake yesterday and bike this morning which I truly just enjoy. my quiet time with my Ipad and youtube videos. So that's always a good boost mentally for me. then off for a 5 mile run. Man alive, its dark outside at 6:30 and my hands were cold. Feeling good overall, well rested and a few sore spots from after RR2 are now officially gone.

keep focused guys, so close.
  • Options
    Nate, I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, but is "your lake" Lake Montclair? I used to carpool down there once a week (from Rockville) with friends to swim there at the butt crack of dawn (had a friend that lived in the neighborhood) ! It was a haul, but the only OWS option we had and I really loved the peacefulness of that lake!

I haven't decided if I'm going back or not, but after a long pity party weekend I'm back into training and feeling a lot more positive about things, no matter what I decide. If I can get a good solid bike done this week, I think that will help raise my confidence. The weather here is just crazy though!

For those going back for IMMD 2.0, use the early mornings to start acclimating to the cold temps. It's likely to be chilly in Cambridge that weekend with highs in the upper 60's and lows in the mid 50's. So chilly at the swim start, but should warm up on the bike. Then if you are a later finisher, it will get cold on the run again.

• Options
    Productive day so far, Nate... way to go!! Can't believe you haven't swum laps since 2012... you must kno every fish in that lake!

Have a great day, all!
  • Options
    @ Julie....needed the app. Looks like I got the info in, thanks.
  • Options
    Nemo, Yes..Lake Montclair. Very lucky to have this lake in my neighborhood. It makes swimming so much easier as there is almost no admin time. many of my running routes involve going over the dam and seeing the lake. its very peaceful.

And Nemo is right, if you are leaving T1 with only a Tri Top on you are probably wrong. At a minimum I'm going with a cycling jersey, arm coolers, and probably a tube sock over each arm if the weather pattern stays around where its at now. I'm also considering throwing on a vest or even a throw away long sleeve technical shirt. I'm guessing the first 90 minutes of the bike are going to be kind of cool. And I don't like being cold.