Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

IM MD 2.0 - who's going and # for dinner

Hi IM MD peeps,

This may not be the best way to capture this info, but I can't get to the Google sheet from work, and I'm not sure if I could add columns.  Anyhow... let's get a list of who's still attending, plus how many would like to attend a team dinner Thu night ~6pm.  I'm not going (as I think you all know), but will carry on as your RC!  Although, it would be great if someone could coordinate a team pic!!  That I can't do. 

Comments

• Options
    I'm in for IMMD 2.0 but will not be there for a team dinner.
  • Options
    Thanks Julie, you have been amazing at keeping us all connected throughout the training and following excitement! I don't think I will arrive in Cambridge until late Thursday or early Friday so no team dinner for me.
  • Options
    I am also in for MD 2.0 but will not make the dinner.
  • Options
    Don't get until Fri. so no dinner for me either.
  • Options
    I'll add to the chorus: I'm in but won't arrive until late Thursday so no dinner. Sorry. And thanks for continuing to organize
  • Options
    Sounds like Dinner is a no-go for most of us. I think trying to get a team pic on race morning could be a bit stressful (given it's gonna be pitch black and we aren't really sure when the start time is yet). But it would be nice to have a group shot if possible.

What about a quick meet & great around lunchtime on Friday? Maybe meet at registration near the athlete briefing at 11? We all will still have a lot to do that day- so I'm not gonna suggest trying to plan a meal together. Just a 15 minute hello/hug/good luck/ grab a pic opportunity.
  • Options
    @Nemo... I like the idea of a quick meet and greet, although I personally couldn't make one at 11 as I get into D.C. at 10am on Friday. Whatever works for most is fine, I'll just keep an eye on this thread as to what's decided.

• Options
    I bet you aren't the only one Steve. Maybe something closer to 4 or 5pm at/near Bike drop off? I'm sure most of us are trying to have our dinner by 6pm so I don't want to squeeze to close to that hour either!
  • Options
    Would love to put some faces to names, so I vote for a 4pm meet at bike drop off. I'll keep posted to see if it's a go, but good suggestion Nemo, thanks!

Now off for 2.5 hrs in the pain cave??
  • Options
    Just tuning in to this conversation. I will be whereever needed for the group pic.
  • Options
    Rode 50 miles in the wind today with Jim Ebert (really thankful for his company). Gotta say, it was NOT the confidence building ride I had hoped for. Didn't drink nearly enough and came home with a hell of a headache. Ugh.

PS- In all honesty, if the current weather forecast for next Saturday holds- I'll be heading to the mountains to do some hiking instead of heading to Cambridge. If I'm gonna freeze my ass off- I'm doing it on a mountain top.
  • Options
    Nemo, don't let one workout get you down. There's always at least one bad one close to race day where you think wtf was I thinking?? Remember all the good training sessions where everything went per plan or better! I know... there's a lot of other crap with this particular race that makes one bad workout at this point feel like the straw that breaks the camel's back (where the hell did that saying come from???) BUT think of all the stories to go along with this race!!

Re: the weather, I keep checking too (I care about you all!!) and it keeps changing - A LOT!! At least now, the sun (with no clouds, rain, or lightening bolts) is shining brightly ??and yes, it looks kinda cool (60) but actually rather nice for running and cycling (with a jacket.) I'd come prepared with all kinds of layers and definitely a towel to dry off as much as possible. Might even be worthwhile to throw a dry cycling jersey in T1 bag (which I've never done before) but if it's going to be that cool, I would want to be dry! Once you're dry with the right layers (full fingered gloves too), that's really nice cycling & running weather.

And who knows?? It'll probably change!! I would just bring some extra layers that maybe you haven't thought about before.

Deep breaths, all!
  • Options
    Thanks Julie,
    I will be getting there mid afternoon of Wednesday. I look forward to meeting you all...Kevin
  • Options

Hey IMMD Gang - Sorry, I'm horrible at posting to the forums, etc because I never find the time. I'm lucky that I got the stars to align to be able to make this upcoming weekend happen for IMMD 2.0 and I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the team still able to make it! I will be arriving on Thursday (early morning) and will be doing a practice swim and then trying out my "cold weather" gear setup to see if I'm going to be able to keep my toes from going numb for 5 hours on the bike.

My wife, son and I are still going to head to the Team Dinner restaurant (River View at the Point) as was originally planned. We'll probably be there by about 6:00p or so. My cell number is in the Google Doc. If anyone else is available to join us, that'd be great!

Go Crabbies!

Wolf

• Options
    Hey gang. I need to let you all know that I've decided not to return for IMMD 2.0 after all. I think the people of Cambridge are really doing amazing things to pull this whole thing off and I hope you all have a fantastic race.
  • Options

Nemo, I'm so sorry that you aren't coming but feel sure you did not make the decision lightly. Enjoy your weekend and send us warm thoughts!!