Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Sherpa Shopping List

As a Sherpa, I failed my wife in her first go at an ironman.  Her bike computer didn't work, and her power meter wouldn't turn on.  Despite my shortcomings, she did awesome that day.  With her racing Ironman Florida in a few weeks, I intend to redeem myself in the eyes of Sherpas everywhere.  As such, I intend to bring a box of "stuff" to florida.  What all should I put in said box?   So far I have: 

• Spare Power Meter (Garmin Vectors)
  • Torque wrench for said power meter,
  • spare heart rate monitor,
  • spare bike computer,
  • spare garmin 910,
  • a few Gels,
  • Spare EN visor
  • Spare Bike tube.
What else should I bring? What else has failed you on race day that another triathlete probably has in their arsenal?

Comments

• Options
    That's a great list already! Luckily Wal-Mart is super close and convenient for any extras/food basics you'll need... and there's always the expo for last minute race day needs.

I'd add:
    -- Spare goggles
    -- Spare race belt
    -- Any/all chargers for electronics
    -- Backpack to carry all of your gear around on race day
    -- External charger for your cell phone (I can't live without mine on race day when I Sherpa!)

I use a Profile Design Aerodrink and forgot the STRAW that belongs to it for a HIM once (that's what I get for worrying that it'll get lost or dirty and removing it when my bike is racked on the back of my car traveling to the race!). That sucked. I think I also accidentally wore JW's wetsuit for that same race.... clearly not my finest day.... so.... you might want to make sure she takes HER wetsuit! :-)

• Options

Good job!

I'd add:

- If she has ever chafed ANYWHERE Tegaderm can be a lifesaver mid race.

- Dry socks

- What would motivate her personally?  Thinking outside of tech stuff... a poster with a photo on it?   Nice note written on the back of her race number that she won't see 'till you tell her to look? (Remember to write upside down...)

Cowbell poised!