Home Classifieds
Options

Power Tap G3 laced to a DT Swiss RR585 rim

I have a Power Tap G3 laced to a DT Swiss RR585 rim for sale. It comes with a Wheel Builder custom aero cover. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you some pictures. Just in time to add power to your out season!

Comments

• Options
    I am interested. I have a 2015/2016 Trek Domaine 4.5. It has a Shimano 105 11-32 11 speed casette. Will it work with my bike and how many spokes?
  • Options
    Never mind the will it fit. It should. Was thinking backwards on the 11 speed thing. If I recall right, the 11 speed is the same width as the 10 speed. The gears are just closer. My email is billeckert@civilsurvey.com. Just curious, why are you selling?
  • Options
    Bill, It is currently 10 speed but I think it's convertible to 11. I'll check on that. I'm selling bc I switched to a spider based power meter and this unit is now redundant for me. I'll check on the 11 speed conversion and I'll let you know what I find.

Clark
  • Options

I think you have to change the freehub.  Not sure about what else.  Let me know what you find.

http://www.powertap.com/product/freehub-body-kit

How much?

• Options
    You are correct, replace the freehub body and that's it. Look's like the new freehub is ~99 directly from powertap.

I'm looking for $500 plus shipping. Retail with the aero jacket is just over $1000 from WheelBuilder.
  • Options

I am thinking that I do want to get this.  I have been really considering this and just really could not pull the trigger.  As a matter of fact, I had been looking at dcrainmaker's power meter review and the different options earlier in the day before I saw your post.  I had also talked to Coach P on Thursday and he mentioned the powertap/aero cover setup.

Just a couple of questions.  How many spokes and what color?  Can you send some photos?  Any idea on the shipping cost?

Thanks!

• Options
    It's 28 spokes. The rim and cover are both black. The aero jacket peeled the rim stickers up, so I just removed them and cleaned the rim up with goo gone. I'll post some pictures later tonight or early tomorrow.

Power is likely your next logical upgrade. It really helps to quantify your training. Unfortunately, the $$ to convert this hub to 11 speed makes it less attractive. That said, the power tap / aero jacket combo is a great way to get into power and get the benefits of a disc wheel. Especially if you don't have race wheels.

Power is a great training tool that takes some time to understand but EN is a very power focused group so there is lots of support available.

I really have no idea what shipping will cost. I'll check into it and see what I can find out.
  • Options
    Sounds good. I did post my email earlier if that is easier for pics.

I have been using virtual power with Trainer Road when I ride indoors. However can't take that outside. Really want to get the power going during the OS so that I can use it outside next spring. I rode with heart rate over the summer and probably will end up with that controlling next summer but having power will be another useful tool along with the heart rate.
  • Options
    I just sent a couple of photos. I'll send more as soon as I get a chance.
  • Options
    I just sent you an invite to a google drive folder. That folder has 6 pictures and in higher resolution than I sent before.
  • Options
    Looks good.  Sold.  Let me know how we need to handle this.  You can email if you would like.
  • Options
    Bill, Thanks! I'll follow up with you via email.
  • Options
    Thanks Clark!! Got the wheel in today. Looks great. I ordered the freehub and it is supposed to be here Friday. Bike test will be on Saturday. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    Glad to hear you got it. If you have any questions just let me know. Good luck with the test.

Clark