Home Classifieds
Options

Ultegra 6870 Di2 Complete Upgrade Kit

Offering For Sale: 

A complete Shimano Ultegra 6870 Road Upgrade Kit, comes with all items shown and described - everything you need including wires, cables, junction boxes, and components to upgrade your Roadie. NO, I will not separate pieces. Price includes shipping, you pay PP fees - or bring me cash. 

This set is brand new in the boxes. I decided not to upgrade my Road Bike. This set would cost you $1350 + Tax & Shipping on the WWW, individual retail price for the parts is $1569.79, all yours for $990 + PP fees - My loss, your gain. 

Group includes: 

SM-GM01 - Grommets 

SM-BR6800 Ultegra Front & Rear Brakes 

EW-SD50 Di2 Wiring: 

-1 x 300mm 

-2 x 350mm 

-1 x 600mm 

-1 x 700mm 

-1 x 1000mm 

SM-EW90-B Dura-Ace Junction (A) 

SM-JC-41 Junction (B) 

CS-6800 Ultegra 11sp Cassette 11-32T 

CN-HG700-11 Chain 

SM-BTR2-1 Internal Battery 

3T Di2 Seatpost Battery Holder 

FD-6870 Ultegra Front Derailleur 

RD-6870-GS Ultegra Rear Derailleur 

ST-6870 Ultegra 11speed R/L Brake-Shift Levers 

FC-6800 50/34 172.5mm Ultegra Crank 

Pictures of all the pretty boxes:

Comments

• Options
    question, as I'm piecing a build together,.....

as a roadie kit that I am thinking I'd use on my next tri bike, If I bought your complete kit, then added the tri shifters, would I be able to integrate them into the rest of your kit? I guess my question is ''Can I use your kit on my tri bike if I add the tri shifters from elsewhere?"

And, how much do PP fees usually run with this kind of purchase?

In other words, I want to be first in line.

• Options

Chris,

Yes, one of the beauties of Di2 is the inherent support for adding auxiliary shifters. Two ways to do that with Di2, you could plug in to the front shifters or in to the handle bar junction (Junction A). You are covered either way with the parts I have, my Junction A is the 5 port, not the 3 port commonly found in Road setups.

As for PayPal fees, you are looking at approximately 2.9%. PayPal does allow people to send money to Family and Friends for free, I just do not know if there is a dollar limit to that, in all reality it will probably work and not cost you additional as long as you choose the Friends/Family option when sending money. I just want to cover myself and end up with my full asking price since I am already taking a bath on the cost I paid vs what I am selling the set for.

-Mike

• Options
    OK, tolerate me just for a second, I want to be very clear before I spend $1k.

My 'A' events this year are all cycling/climbing stuff. Your groupset looks PERFECT for that. 11 speed, 32 cog, compact crank, etc.

Keeping that^^^ in mind, I will be buying a new tri bike in the near future and I can only justify the cost of one di2 investment. I'd definitely want to move it from my S2 to whatever tri bike I decide on when that happens. My understanding on your reply is that this will not be a headache at all. Yes, I know it's not like a Garmin 800 that I'd just go from one bike to another. I know that it will have to 'built' up on the new tri bike. But, your reply tells me that all I need is the bar end tri shifters and I'm good to go once it's built on the new tri bike.

Right?

[sorry for the redundancy. I'm a simpleton and I need things laid out to me....ver....ry....slow....ly. ]

related question....I thought the di stuff was coded so that my shifting is mine, and mine only.  Safety from some other cyclist in the ride who might cause crossover shifting.  This point is why I want to be clear with the above stuff.  If your front and rear der and coded just for your STI shifters, will they accept and be friendly with the bar end shifters that I'd add later?

• Options

Chris,

No worries on the questions. Remember the Di2 stuff is wired, so all shifting commands take place over the wires that connect all the components there is no danger of someone riding next to you affecting your shifting / system in any way, shape, or form. The system will accept any compatible Shimano components plugged in to it, the components are not 'locked' to your system. When you move to a Tri Bike setup, you could sell your road bike shifters to someone and they will easily be able to use them on their Di2 bike. Moving the components from one bike to another is as easy (or difficult) as moving the components, wires, battery, etc from one bike to the next, it all depends on your mechanical aptitude. I would suggest it is easier because you do not have to worry about shift cables and the adjustment of the derailleur, all adjustments are done by pressing a button and using the shift knobs to adjust the index point. Really the only thing you will have to change when going from a Road Bike to a Tri Bike are the shifters since Road and Tri bikes have different Shift / Brake Lever Styles.

I am happy to answer any questions you have, either here or if you want to talk, and I understand wanting to know exactly what you are buying. I have Di2 on my Felt DA and love it, I will never give it up.

Mike 

• Options
    OK, nutha question...

for power....

I have a quarq compact and a stages dura ace. 

Does the di2 groupset care if I use the quarq 50/34? I'm guessing that this wouldn't be a prob since the shifting is all about the der's.

OR, would you know if the stages dura ace will still be accurate if used opposite an ultegra driveside crank? (I can check with Stages on this one if you don't know)

Thanks for your patience.

• Options

Chris

The Di2 groupset does not care. Your Quarq 50/34 will work just fine, or you can use your Stages Dura Ace on the Ultegra Crank - it will fit and work just fine.

-Mike

• Options
    ok!

pm sent to you for details.

Thanks a ton!

• Options
    Sold - Thank You
  • Options
    Love it.

I'll try to get some pics in here so you can see how it turned out.