Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2016 IM Louisville

Anyone racing IM Louisville this year?  Haven't seen any postings yet so just thought I'd start a thread.  

Comments

• Options

Hey Steve!

So excited to hear you are doing Louisville! Just so you know official weekly posts will begin 13 weeks out which will be in July!

• Options
    Great looking forward to some EN team motivation as we get into training!
  • Options
    I'll be there with you Steve. I might be on a different schedule because I'm doing Wisconsin first... But I'll definitely need all the mojo I can get to recover and get ready to race again!
  • Options
    I am and it is my first. I am looking forward to all the great discussions and mojo! Thanks for starting the thread!!!!! @Laura, are you our team captain?
  • Options

I'm signed up as well.  Really looking forward to personally meeting some EN folks (new to EN and new to Triathlon).  I think my wife is looking forward to meeting some other supporters so her long day is not spent alone.

Anyone thinking about a recon trip at some point over the summer?  Something I'm considering and would love not to do it alone.  

• Options
    I am signed up, and this will be my second IM. Always excited to see the initial threads in the forum with your event tagged to it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I am definitely for a recon trip around a high volume weekend. Obviously it doesn't have to revolve around a high volume weekend but preferred because we'd be carving out time to commit to getting there so why not train? Let's get some dates out there and see what dates match up best. Late July / Mid - Late August / September is open. I have commitments the weekends of (7/9 - 7/16 - 8/6 - 8/27).

• Options
    I'm in and look forward to finally doing another IM after 5 years off the distance. Looking to PR the course and if a good day sub 10 is the goal.

@KK and @EM would also like to ride the course and if no one has I have did it 4 times and could lead a group. Might be nice to even do it as a race rehearsal. I thing 6 weeks out from race there is usually a RR one the plan but any weekend near that will work.
  • Options
    Subject to approval from the family, and without checking the training schedule, looks like I could make it down the weekends of 7/23, 8/20, 8/27, 9/3 or 9/10.