Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2016 IMLP Training WK June 7 - June 13

Week 14- Run Focus Week

Alrighty folks- how ya’ll doin?!? It’s AWESOME to read your posts and hear how things are going! Things are certainly ramping up but ya’ll are ROCKSTARS!

So the coaches declared this a “Run Focus Week”.  What that means is if possible, aim for a few more than your "typical" week by either inserting another run day or adding a small amount to every run you do.   HOWEVER- This is entirely optional, it simply plays into their separate build / taper approach for managing fitness by discipline across your Race Prep phase.

In saying that, as we start the week- check in with yourself.  How are you feeling? How’s your body handling the training stress? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch Coach Patrick’s discussion on cumulative fatigue under Week 14 IM video.  (Located on the right side of your Training Plan page).

He shares some EXTREMELY important and valuable information about smart training.

SO it is also CAMP WEEK for those heading up to LP this weekend!! Who’s going??? For those of you doing camp this weekend- you should follow week 15 in your training plan.  

Things to Remember:

• Rest! Cumulative lack of recovery can impact race rehearsal - Can take a break Monday or Thursday if you need (If you're going to camp then this works out great as Thursday is your travel day)

• Workouts that are focused and require the most dedication:

Good interval bike

Good Interval run

Think at the start of this week.

• What do I need this weekend to get ready. Get your equipment dialed in.

• Pacing

• Get out there and JRA - 1 hour 1.5 then to steady pace

• Fueling plan

• Run - first three miles LRP plus 30” per mile. First three miles to settle in - mark the transition and take stock of how you feel

Alright IMLP Crew:
ADMIN STUFF --- IMPORTANT 
Team dinner will be Thursday July 21 and will be $26/adult $21/child --- I need to know how many of you PLAN to attend before I make these reservations --- Let me know below if you would like to attend and if we get enough for the minimum I will send everyone the link to pay and register before hand. 

Thank you! 

Comments

• Options
    Question-- Is anyone doing their "camp week" next weekend (June 17-19) up in Placid? Seeing if I might have any riding partners out there.
    I figured I'd need a few more days to recover from Quassy so sadly didn't sign up for the official camp happening this weekend. A bit jealous though, you guys will have such a good time!!
  • Options
    No camp week for me... Just did an epic camp in Snowmass with Al T & others. I will be refraining from camp week & hacking the plan as I am doing an OLY on that Saturday..
  • Options
    Carole, Brenda,myself, and I believe Nat Pilon will be there next weekend doing some "non camp trg ".