Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Chicago Area Members: Meet for Marathon Relay this weekend

Last year we managed to get 8-9 team members to meet up in Busse Woods and run together.  After that we went and got lunch and it was a great opportunity to get to know a the team.

I propose we meet late Sunday morning by Golf Road and 290/53/355.  Get the run in on the Busse Woods and then find a place for lunch afterward.

Anyone interested or am I going to have to run on my own?

Comments

• Options

You don't want to run another marathon so soon after NY!

I am going to be up in Michigan this weekend. Would love to get together to hang out. I havent' worked my way back up to 6 miles.

• Options

I am booked already, but I'm so there for the next challenge or ride. You all are going to help me school my new tri bike in the spring, yes?

• Options
    sorry kiddo.....just getting my mileage back up and my speed sucks. You don't want me image
  • Options

no can do.  sick wife = no break from kid duty for the weekend

• Options

Looks like Mancona is running another marathon unles Hayes, MikeB and JimH can bail him out.

• Options

It was short notice so I'm not surprised folks are already busy.

I can run with a virtual team so it is no big deal, just thought it would be a good chance to meet a few of the new folks.  Let's all try to get together in Dec or Jan for a social event instead.

I'll propose some dates and places at some point.

• Options
    Posted By mancona (aka Matt Ancona) on 19 Nov 2009 07:52 PM

Let's all try to get together in Dec or Jan for a social event instead.

Absolutely!

• Options
    Posted By mancona (aka Matt Ancona) on 19 Nov 2009 07:52 PM

It was short notice so I'm not surprised folks are already busy.

I can run with a virtual team so it is no big deal, just thought it would be a good chance to meet a few of the new folks.  Let's all try to get together in Dec or Jan for a social event instead.

I'll propose some dates and places at some point.

Excellent idea! See you all soon.

• Options

I'm racing on Thursday and can't suffer for 10K that close to together....not good for my mental mojo.....Karin and I are up for the winter brews again! 

• Options
    Hey Matt - I may be game for joining you. However, as the rest of the NIL mafia is dropping like flies for this challenge it looks like we would be a 2-person team - I'm fine with that as it may be my last run for a couple weeks.

Here's my offer to you, though: some runner/triathlete friends are part of a group that does a 10-15 mile run on the Des Plaines River Trail every Sunday morning from the Old School Forest Preserve in Libertyville. I've never run with this group since I always do Sunday morning rides, but I was going to this weekend. It's a pretty large group with people of all ability, but I can assure you that there are some really fast dudes and chicks (my buddy who finished ahead of you at the Bunny Dash 5K is the one who invited me (and you)). If you're interested we could log the 13.1 miles for the challenge with this group and meet some new people while we're at it. You have my contact info so let me know.
  • Options
    Posted By Jim Hansen on 20 Nov 2009 04:21 PM

Hey Matt - I may be game for joining you. However, as the rest of the NIL mafia is dropping like flies for this challenge it looks like we would be a 2-person team - I'm fine with that as it may be my last run for a couple weeks.

Here's my offer to you, though: some runner/triathlete friends are part of a group that does a 10-15 mile run on the Des Plaines River Trail every Sunday morning from the Old School Forest Preserve in Libertyville. I've never run with this group since I always do Sunday morning rides, but I was going to this weekend. It's a pretty large group with people of all ability, but I can assure you that there are some really fast dudes and chicks (my buddy who finished ahead of you at the Bunny Dash 5K is the one who invited me (and you)). If you're interested we could log the 13.1 miles for the challenge with this group and meet some new people while we're at it. You have my contact info so let me know.

Thanks for the invite!  

I'll email you to get the details but I think I'm in.  I am already on a team for the 4 person relay, so maybe I will do the 6.55 run after my bike on Saturday and then do 13.1 with you on sunday and we can be a two person team.

Sounds like this is going to be one painful weekend.