Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Canada
Options

2016 IM Canada Week 19- THE BOX

2»

Comments

• Options
    I had a poor finish to the week, mainly bc I worked 40hrs in the last 3 days. But I got all my work done and am packing up to leave for Whistler this afternoon!
    Thursday a.m. I got in the 80' run, worked for 8 hr, then easy OWS for an hour, then back to work till 10pm. Friday went to the pool and it was flooded. I was a little disappointed because I was going to do a 1.5k swim to try for the USMS National qualifying time. During my daughter's ballet I got in 4mi with some strong Z2-3 work. Felt great. Saturday worked for 16 hrs, wanted to get a ride in but couldn't fit it in. I was happy about my food intake which is difficult when your add a desk for hours on end. Spinach salads and lots of healthy snacks. I'll be going into the race at just under 57kilos, 3.9 power to weight ratio.
    I don't think you could ask for better weather conditions. I'll be prepared for rain, but 60deg sounds great to me.
    My address is 9250 Pinetree Place. Directions say to take the Emerald drive exit off Hwy 99. Left at the fork then first right. Come by and say hi.
  • Options
    you'll be fine Brian.   just get in a couple intensity bursts the next couple days.    what is you race watt/kg np goal ?
  • Options
    Sunday - did not take off since I will mostly be doing LESS than the scheduled amount the next week. 15 miles on the trainer to Spinervals Technique & Power. 2400 yards in the pool, and 2 mile run in the roasting heat. With the big double ride last week I hit 23.35 hrs. This week dropped to 13.55 hours ... so I am definitely in full taper mode. Excluding the race, I will drop another 50% this coming week. Best to all...time to head to the airport.
  • Options
    Thanks Robin. I'm not sure how to calculate that. My goal is to avg 141w. My NP is 209.
  • Options
    Im in for the week. Swapped Friday for Sunday. Tallied 3900yards at 1:42 today, which is my fastest pace for that length, rested/costco/watched the Open. Finished with a 5miler at Z2 in some heat (for us wimpy PNWers anyway). We may be tapering, but still racked up a little over 700 TSS on the week, with my biggest swim week to date - 11,200 yds. I am ready for a bit more taper now, thank you very much.

@Mike: thanks for the lesson on drafting I have never really figured out how. Once I find some feet I can rarely stay there for long. I tend to want to pass and find a clear lane - like in the pool!

@Paul: Safe travels, sounds like a wonderful trip. I can't wait to line up a european trip like that one day. I am the only gipsy heart in my family.

@Robin: congrats on the win Friday. Best of luck this year man, you appear to be on a crash course for success.

@Brian: I raced my wife in the pool today, I successfully swam 2 25yd lengths each in 30 seconds (beating her handily). I know works out to slightly faster than 1:18/100, but sweet jesus that is fast to holding for distance. I am most impressed with your speed man. Pretty sure if we put you in a bowl of cream you would churn some butter!
  • Options
    Yeah, with drafting unless you get someone just the right speed, it feels pretty easy. I found it hard to judge the pace. Ended up looking at my watch during the race which I rarely do in a swim. Drafting is also much easier in clear water; in Victoria I couldn't even see feet which made it impossible to stay on them.