Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2016 IMLP Training Wk July 12 - July 17

THE BOX WEEK 19

The biggest thing to remember is that you are TRAINED and ready to EXECUTE this race. This is a situation that is tough to deal with but as a team it’s important to remember to stay positive and keep your best foot forward...which is NOT easy. Looking at posts on FB and other social media outlets...there is a bunch of negativity just floating everywhere…. And understandably so. HOWEVER- if you let your mind believe and go down that road...it will be hard to recover.  Your MIND and ATTITUDE play a huge part in this….SO lets keep our AWESOMENESS GOING!!!! 

This week think about YOUR box, what you learned in RR1 and RR2 and how you can keep the box as large. Remember you are not out there trying to make anything happen on race day. You are keeping that box as large as you can for as long as you can, you're focused, calm, collected and executing ninjas.

All day long you are going to race inside a box defined by what you can control. Ask yourself "What do I need to do right NOW to create the conditions for success at The Line? Is what I'm doing right now counter to this goal?

Advice: On the swim, the Box is the space your body occupies in the water: focus on your form and the rest will come. On the bike, the box is probably about one aid station long. On the run, the box begins as 2-3 aid stations long but often diminishes to "from here to the next lampost/manhole cover/mail box." Regardless:

Keep The Box as big as you can for as long as you can.

Keep in The Box only the things you can control. Let go of the rest.

Exercise this decision-making process inside your Box: Observe the situation, Orient yourself to a possible course of action, Decide on a course of action, Act (OODA Loop).

ADMIN INFO: I give final final notice to the venue for team dinner on Monday - Please make sure you've 

1. used the link to sign up 

2. paid enough for your entire party 

I can't wait to see you all in IMLP 

I NEED YOUR HELP with one more thing and since you're tapering and have extra time I expect everyone to comply 

PLEASE SHARE the SBR Sports - EN - Practice swim on Friday at 7am and the 4Keys Talk information with friends on social media, emails, word of mouth and the social media forums. 

Facebook Information: 

PRACTICE SWIM COURSE INFO: https://www.facebook.com/events/1586305851682325/

IMLP 4Keys INFO: https://www.facebook.com/events/1695896220698976/

and direct link: https://thefourkeysoflakeplacid.splashthat.com 

This is a rare 4Keys where both coaches will be there, they are excited to see everyone and spend some quality time with athletes. Thank you for sharing! 

Comments

• Options
    wow - total crickets... guessing everyone is busy with work, and final prep. If you haven't done so, get a race plan and post it in the planning forum. THAT is a major benefit of EN when you get questions & advice from your experienced teammates!
  • Options
    Took today off. Will swim a bit, ride a bit and run a bit tomorrow. Chaos at home trying to get everyone set for when I take off for 6 days. I want desperately to put together a Race Plan (btw, Scott your plan and comments are great. Very helpful to me!), but may not have the time between now and Wed when I head up. Training is light but consistent…hope everyone is doing well!
  • Options
    Got my workouts in this AM. A 50 mile ride feels very short. The zone4 out/ zone3 back BRICK run was fun on a sunny Saturday in a beach town. Still working on my Race Plan. I should have it done by tomorrow. Starting to get a little anxious for this race. Looking forward to seeing everyone up there.
  • Options

Between work, a family wedding that I officiated in Washington, and the death of an Aunt yesterday I haven't been doing the training as planned. Finally, got my bike off the last minute via TriBike Transport ala FedEx due to TriBike dropping my registration through the cracks..."we couldn't find it due to you registering so early". After multiple emails and phone calls I sent my bike in early to be packaged and then shipped. I think it might be in North Carolina or hopefully on it's way to the great state of New York. The last real training was doing IM CDA 70.3 a few weeks ago. So I took my road bike out for a leisurely 56 mile ride and tried to go Ketogenic diet on the ride. Well no major cramping but the quads were on full notice. Tomorrow I'm going for a long pool swim,a run, and then packing my tri-gear via it's own suitcase. Will be taking the red-eye out after work on Tuesday and will be driving down from Vermont. Before that I have to set up and get nailed down the end of the season men's softball tournament for the league. Somewhere with all my extra time I'll be working on a race plan. I'm looking forward in meeting you all next week. The pictures from IMLP on Facebook and have been fun to look at if you haven't seen them as of yet.

• Options
    Hey all!!! I can't believe it's Almost here!! I am excited to get up to lake placid and to meet many of you!! I will be arriving in Wednesday. Been getting the training in this week but didn't do the run on Friday because my legs were just tired....felt it yesterday too? Is that normal during taper??? Heavy legs....
    Thank you for the reminder Scott and for keeping our mojo going!!! Our forums are so key and this time around I didn't post nearly as much as I wanted to.
    I did however post a race plan so if you get a chance team- check it out and tell me what I forgot or need to change!!! Does anyone know what the swim times for seeding are? Still trying to figure out where to place myself

We got this team!!!
  • Options
    And jay I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. If there is anything we can do please let us know!!!
  • Options
    @ all - i haven't been a good poster this week.
    If anyone from out of the area needs help with a bike or anything, i am five hours out, but have extra room on the car for up to 2 bikes. I am heading up early Wednesday morning.

on the training side, I've been a bit time constrained on wkos but nailing the important ones. yes, noticed the tired legs on the bike yesterday, but it was also much hotter than i thought and may not have been hydrated enough. Makes me realize that I really need to focus on hydration during the race and ensure i am getting the bottles down.
    going to do an ez run today, Ez spin on the bikes with Jill and then pack for the race.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone up in the 'dacks!
  • Options
    Reiterating the sentiment that I'm super excited to get up there and meet all of you at the team dinner on Thursday! I'm feeling ready to go, at least more ready than I thought I would feel.

The last week of training has been a little tough to stay motivated, was feeling pretty wiped after the big volume jump in week 18. Interestingly, my bike fitness has felt pretty good, but it's my swim that's gone to pot. All of a sudden I just can't hit my paces in the open water any more and I literally do double takes at how slow I am when I come out of the water. I have this radial nerve injury that's been flaring slightly, so I had to cut the yardage back, and I will take a visit to my friendly ART practitioner tomorrow--that usually calms it down. Anybody else see their swim decline this last week?

Working on my race plan too and also borrowing heavily from Scott. Thanks for trailblazing!!!
  • Options

THX Laura. I think it'll help just being with the team and lifting each other up. We'll all be done and in bed at this time next week...Eastern Standard Time that is. (01:37 AM).