Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Race Day "Game Ball"

EN "Game Ball" 

In the sport of Football - the "Game Ball" is given to the player who over came a big goal, helped their teammates or did something impressive to help win the game. 

EN will now be adopting this concept at races - when we win the Tri Club Competition - our award aka ball will be given to an athlete who dug deep, had a great accomplishment or overall helped the team reach that title. 

At Ironman Lake Placid - this was Laura Becker. 

I had the privilege to witness first hand her struggle to cross the finish line and how unbelievably beautiful it was. Sometimes athletes don't even know their own strength. Spectating, cheering, and being a sherpa lets you see from the outside looking in, the light at the end of the tunnel that takes some athletes miles to see. You are privy to all the emotions, the race journey, the grit, the smiles, sadness, determination, defeat and triumph. Pretty sure Laura had all of those in this race. 

Laura's smile is contagious and her positivity is filling the team like wildfire as she helps Race Captain our non key races. She came to the awards to cheer on the team, even though she was still going through every range of human emotion post her own race. 

We are honored and lucky to have her on our team. Thank you Laura and Congratulations! 

Here she is in the picture getting to take home our award. May it always be a reminder of the hard work she went through. 

We are extremely excited to continue this tradition of "game ball"  We learn as a team, we celebrate as a team. The ups, the downs and everything in-between. We are a family. 

Every single one of you is a perfect addition to this team, thank you for your support of each other. Every race brings podiums, DNF's, DNS's, First timers, Redemption titles and PR's. Aren't we lucky to have such an amazing sport that allows us to experience all of those together and a team that will stand beside us no matter what! 

Comments

• Options
    I love this. And so well deserved--Laura, you are amazing!!!! Can't wait till I have the privilege of being out there with you again.
  • Options
    WOW! This literally brought me to tears this morning. I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude to be a part of this amazing, amazing team. There are no words to explain just how truly honored I feel that you thought me deserving of this. EACH AND EVERY TEAMMATE out there showed TRUE determination, grit, sacrifice and WILL to get to that line. It was an HONOR to be out there with the Endurance Nation team. SO many EN'rs were just ROCKIN it out there- through the good, bad and ugly. IT WAS INSPIRING! It was a day that was full of emotion for me...the battle was strong, strong like I had not felt before (well there were alot of things goin on I had not felt before...) and it was tough to swallow at times. I don't know what would've happened if it wasn't for the support of the coaches, Mariah, EN spectators (Brenda, Turby, Carol, Michelle, John and everyone.....) and of course teammates out there!!
    WE ARE A FAMILY!! And that it was makes us special. Every race, every training session, every life event that may occur- we are here to support each other!! It's absolutely amazing. THANK YOU Endurance Nation for the support, encouragement and motivation!! It's truly an honor to be a part of this team. I have done so much reflecting this week and I cannot WAIT to continue this journey.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL the IMLP finishers and racers- what a day it was!! BE PROUD!!! WOOHOOO!!! WE ARE THE #1 TRI CLUB AND THAT ONLY HAPPENS BECAUSE WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A TEAM- WE ARE FAMILY!

Now- I am trying to replenish my salts and it can't happen if I keep crying every 24 hours!! ;-)
  • Options
    woot! great idea, was wondering what and who was getting those trophies !

Great job Laura ! you rock =)
  • Options
    Great recognition. Congrats Laura...very well deserved.
  • Options
    Well deserved. Congratulations, Laura.
  • Options

FANTASTIC! Very well deserved. 

• Options
    Congratulations Laura!!
  • Options
    Congratulations Laura!!
  • Options
    Mariah -- love the Game Ball idea!

Laura -- way to go!!!
  • Options
    So very deserved! Congrats Laura. While pumping up the LP crew, she was also setting the stage as the capo for IMC.

Love the alignment with football too! In all my years as a football player we also always gave out an MVP, most improved, "lights out" award for best special teams player (typically not the best baller, but the gritty one who stuck his nose out every time), yoda trophy (basically the smart dude who was the player-coach), and the coveted 'boss hog' award - for the best big a$$ lineman who never got any glory otherwise. I can think of lots of ENers to nominate if we did that too...
  • Options
    Cheers!