Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

2016 IM NC- WEEK 1- Let's get STARTED!

Week 9-GUESS WHAT IM NORTH CAROLINA TEAM?
You are NOW officially in Ironman Training!
At 12 weeks out from NC, Coach Rich and Coach Patrick have now crowned and officiated you into IM world. Most of you are coming off maybe HIM Plan, a Bike Focus, Run Focus, ect.. some of you tested in the last couple weeks and now it is official. The great thing about Endurance Nation Ironman training is, you don't have to kiss your family friends and coworkers goodbye for the next 12 weeks. With effective training for the "everyday athlete" you should still have time for a life outside of compression socks and power meters!
Make sure to watch the videos, podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website. They are located on the right side of the your training page.  CHECK THEM OUT! Maybe listen to them as you stretch, roll or recover or as you fuel up for a workout.  
SOOOO where is everyone?? Who’s doin IM North Carolina?? Introducing yourself- let us know where you are from? Is this your first IM? Anything you wanna share about yourself. Because  WE ARE A TEAM and we want to support each other the best we can. So now lets hear it, make some noise.... Any questions for the team?
Like my picture reminder says.... MAKE SURE TO REST! As the 5th discipline in IRONMAN training, it often gets overlooked. Remember to rest. Your body (and your family) will thank you!
Peace, Love and Sweat!
- Your trusty Race Captain, Laura
Don’t forget to post on your workouts and keep us in the loop! If you have a pic or video to post remember to use #EN4Keys! Let’s seem some SWEAT! HERE WE GO!!
#EN4Keys  

Comments

• Options
    OK- first, I'm in! But I have a silly question. Aren't we on Week 10? Or do I have the race date wrong?? EEEEK!

IMNC will be my redemption race after a DNF at Challenge Roth. Looking forward to training and racing with everyone.
  • Options

Like Nemo, I went scrambling to the calendar to count backwards from 10/22.  I wish it were Week 1.  But, like it or not, it's 2/12 or 10/20.  That said, I'd like to request a long streak of 70-and-dry weather.  Kinda sick of 96 and humid.

• Options

Posted By Mike Roberts on 09 Aug 2016 08:19 AM

That said, I'd like to request a long streak of 70-and-dry weather.  Kinda sick of 96 and humid.

Amen to that!

• Options
    I'm not sure what week it really is but I know its too hot to get any real training done here. Dew point this morning was 75-77 depending on who you use as a source. Completely soaked and worn out after 6 miles. Right now I find the trainer more appealing than the bike. Let's hope we get a break soon!