Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2016 IM Mont Tremblant Week 18- THE LINE

#EN4Keys
/ THE LINE WEEK 18
Prepare your mental game. In so doing, remember there will be cumulative fatigue building throughout race day.  So important to follow your plan, race your race and prepare for THE LINE.  
EVERYTHING before The Line is simply about creating conditions for success for when the Line comes to you.

A successful race = a good run. There is no such thing as a good bike followed by bad run, period. In our world, if you showed up with solid run fitness, had a "good" bike and a poor run, we will ALWAYS assume you messed up your bike pacing unless you are missing a limb or are in the ICU with an intestinal parasite.

If you think you can ride faster than we're telling you, prove it by running well off the bike first (preferably not attempted for the first time on race day!).

Ride your "should" bike split vs your "could" bike split. YourCould split is what you tell Timmy you could ride on a good day, when you're out together for your Saturday ride. If you say you "could ride a 5:50," your Should split is likely 6:00 and defined as the bike split that yields a good run (see #1 above).

Don't be a Caboose, be an Engine! Ironman in general, but especially the bike leg, is an exercise in consistency. You don't need straight-A's to win your day, you only have to show up with your C game to be at the head of the class. If you find yourself doing the opposite of everyone else, you're doing the right thing. Lots of people passing you in the first 40 miles of the bike? Everyone else sprinting out of T2? These folks are making your race day easier by showing you what not to do; it's up to you to resist the urge to join in!

Think you made the mistake of riding too easy? You now have 26 miles to fix that mistake. Make the mistake of riding too hard? That mistake now has 26 miles to express itself, to the tune of X miles at 17-18' walking pace vs X miles at 8-10' running pace. Do the math. How is that nice bike split going to look as you are walking/shuffling the last 10 miles of the run adding another hour and forty minutes to your overall finish time?

**ADMIN ALERT**
* TEAM DINNER: There will not be an official team dinner. HOWEVER- I encourage you to use GroupMe which will begin on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of race week to try and get together on Thursday night! IF there is someone interested in being the “organizer” of the dinner- I have an excel sheet that you can use to sign up!! Please let me know and I can post that to help you guys get organized!!
*** If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!!!!!! You're almost their rock star EN'rs can't wait to watch you unleash on the Mont Tremblant course**

Comments

• Options
    Hello !!

Did last long run yesterday ! that one in the books.

Did a 3X1000M + 500M this morning.

Resting for rest of the day, got 2 memorandum to sign off on it for work, will do it today since im taking rest of the week off.

Doing the RR tomorrow, Thursday the last 180km ride and will try to do about 110-120km on Friday to finish that training for IMMT.
  • Options
    IMMT folks - I sent the coaches a note regarding my skepticism regarding all the bike volume guidance for this weekend (2 weeks out), since it was vastly different from what I'd seen the past 2 years. They had said there were indeed some mistakes in there which are now corrected. However, there is still a volume bump compared to last year. See Coach P's post regarding it in the forums. But, make sure you refresh your training plan to get the updated guidance!

Heading to Lake Placid with Heidi tomorrow to get in a good training weekend. I plan to cut back a bit on the suggested bike volume, but hope to put that last beating on my legs before the taper. Wishing everyone a great week of training!
  • Options
    Yeah, just seen this.

I'll stick with the full RR, 180km tomorrow and will try to do around 100km on Friday.

Bike is where I suck, as such, it wont hurt to ride alot for one last week !
  • Options

I was thinking that it was a crap load of bike! Good catch Brad! This will only be my 2nd IM so I don't remember how the plan was last year. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

• Options
    It was a crap load of bike and I modified it! Mine was done last weekend as I'm traveling home this weekend. Glad it's over and it was 3 weeks out. Being older, I need more recovery time! 204 miles wit hills in 3 days and bricks after the Fri/Sat bikes! Phew!
  • Options
    RR #2 done !!! feels good, so happy its done and can't imagine i'll another one in November bleh..
  • Options
    how is everyone surviving/survived this last push ?

2 weeks left !
  • Options
    Francis- you set the bar high for all of us! Your work has been the standard - nice job!

I think I completed the build today. Doing some training in Lake Placid Thurs-Sun. Speed work track workout Thursday morn followed by afternoons swim, 1 loop of the IMLP bike course Friday, 2 loops on the bike today followed by 6 mile run. Put a fork in me, I'm done :0. If I can get myself up in the morning, I'll try to get in another swim in the beautiful lake before leaving town.

Hope everyone else is having success.image
  • Options
    Yay, final RR in the books! Got the change in volume just before heading to MT on Thursday.
    Here is what I did.
    Friday
    Swim 3 miles (this time with garmin )
    Bike 113 miles
    Run 1hr 3 min
    Are you seeing a pattern here lol
    Saturday
    One loop 56 miles was all I could muster!
    Drove back home to Boston Saturday afternoon.
    Sunday
    Swim 1mile
    Bike 60 mile
    Run, 30min
    Pull out the bubble wrap, it's Taper time!;-)
  • Options
    Great job you guys! I'm jealous y'all get to train on the course!