Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2016 IM Florida- Week 9- Who's in???

Week 9-GUESS WHAT IM FLORIDA TEAM?
You are NOW officially in Ironman Training!
At 12 weeks out from Florida, Coach Rich and Coach Patrick have now crowned and officiated you into IM world. Most of you are coming off Half Ironman Plans, Short Course or some maybe Bike Focus, Run Focus, ect.. some of you tested in the last couple weeks and now it is official. The great thing about Endurance Nation Ironman training is, you don't have to kiss your family friends and coworkers goodbye for the next 12 weeks. With effective training for the "everyday athlete" you should still have time for a life outside of compression socks and power meters!
Make sure to watch the videos, podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website. They are located on the right side of the your training page.  CHECK THEM OUT! Maybe listen to them as you stretch, roll or recover or as you fuel up for a workout.  
SOOOO where is everyone?? We got Jimmy and Stephanie--- WOOHOO!!!! Who else is doin IM Florida?? Introducing yourself- let us know where you are from? Is this your first IM? Anything you wanna share about yourself. Because  WE ARE A TEAM and we want to support each other the best we can. So now lets hear it, make some noise.... Any questions for the team?
Like my picture reminder says.... MAKE SURE TO REST! As the 5th discipline in IRONMAN training, it often gets overlooked. Remember to rest. Your body (and your family) will thank you!
Peace, Love and Sweat!
- Your trusty Race Captain, Laura
Don’t forget to post on your workouts and keep us in the loop! If you have a pic or video to post remember to use #EN4Keys! Let’s seem some SWEAT! HERE WE GO!!
#EN4Keys  

Comments

• Options
    Hey everyone!!! Have a great start to your week!! And thanks, Laura, for the reminder about rest. I personally will ditch lunch with the office gals over a power nap ANYDAY!! Haha! ??
  • Options
    I'm in! This will be my first IM. I'm currently living in the Ft. Worth, TX area.
    I love all the blogs, videos, podcast etc...Everyone has been a wealth of information.
    My goal...to finish and live to talk about it when it's over ??
    Kelly Dillinger
  • Options
    good morning Kelly. Greetings from down south in san Antonio. You are in the right place.

Monday swim box checked. I'm feeling a bit overcooked from the weekend sessions. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be back in order.
    I've been listening off and on to the Tower 26 podcasts. I think that they have some good stuff to offer. Listening today got me thinking about the surf in florida. And how on a two lap swim like florida I could pick up a few minutes maybe by practicing getting in and out of the waves smoothly. Makes me thing that rather than swimming for meters or training once I am in FL this year that it might make more sense to just spend a little time each day getting past the break then back to shore.
  • Options
    I'm in.  5th full & 2nd IMFL.  Full disclosure, I raced the canceled swim 2014 version after the canceled swim gulf coast half in May of that same year...so I might be bad luck for the race.   I swore I wouldn't make the trip back to PCB after that, but alas I have no willpower.  If there's no swim this year you may all blame me.
  • Options
    Thats ok scott. I was just in the I'm texas where they halted the run due to hail and lightning. Between the two of us it might just be a gran fondo.
    business trip jacked my schedule a bit this week. Got a good run session in today but missed a swim. Just going to move on and not worry about it.
  • Options
    I'm in! Second time at IMFL and 9th overall. Number 8 is coming up September 11 in Wisconsin. Florida training will officially kick off for me on September 17. Looking forward to racing with you all!
  • Options
    I am in! 1st Fla, 8th IM.
  • Options
    ok, last week went as well as I could have hoped given my work schedule. Missed 1 swim session. Got enough sleep. Had to do my long bike on the trainer (actually, did al bike sessions on the trainer) due to this constant rain that we seem to be experiencing in texas right now. On to the next week!
  • Options
    I'm in. 16th IM. (12th WTC "Ironman")....my Legacy race!!! 3rd time at IMFL. Did my PB in 2013. I would be thrilled to be in that ballpark. Hope the Gulf cooperates........
  • Options

Sorry if you are getting multiple copies of this.  Getting a few error messages.

Officially signing onto the IM Florida forum.  

Just finished IMWI ( second IM for me). Raced with a huge contingent of EN folks.  We had a great day!  

Sometime, months ago in a moment of intense optimism, I thought it would be cool to do an IM totally different from IMWI.  ( salty, flat , no cows etc ) Thought I could put a season of training to use on another race before starting the Out Season.  So here I am.  Starting to get some energy back.  Looking forward to tapping into the group energy to get up to speed for the race.  Hope everyone's training is going well!!