Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2016 IM Florida- RACE WEEK!!!!

RACE WEEK! WEEK 20
HEYYY Florida Team!! Well it's here!! IT'S RACE WEEK!!! I am so excited for you and I am here for you for whatever you need this week. Remember to STAY IN YOUR BOX. 
Everyone started this journey for different reasons, at different times and here we are, coming together to execute and CRUSH the Ironman Florida course. It may be your first or another one of many but each time we have to dig into ourselves and find out "WHY DO WE DO THIS CRAZY THING?"
You're welcome to share your "One Thing" or keep it to yourself but remember, practice this now. Look yourself in the mirror and say it out loud. Your body hears what your mind says. Tell yourself WHY however many reasons and one things it takes.
Remember to focus on the mental game. Do not underestimate this 5th Ironman discipline, it might be one of the most important ones.
When you are in doubt remember this….YOU HAVE ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED!  You've put in the hard work, the learning, the training, the tank is full, you have all the tools. Put it all together on race day and be proud with whatever outcome you see. Smile and enjoy this day. Remember to be kind to your family, friends, volunteers. Represent EN well. Take time to thank the ones that have gotten you here. Love on those friends, spouses.
-----------------------------------------------------
Doing everything right for 20 weeks, executing perfectly on the swim and bike is only going to get you to the The Line as discussed previously, but make no mistake, it will come and when it does, have those One Things ready at the forefront!
Summary: During the course of your race day, expect your body to have a very convincing conversation with your mind: "Look, Mind, you've had me out here slogging away for 132 miles. This is really starting to get old and very painful. If I see another Strawberry Banana Gel I might throw up. You need to give me a good reason to keep going forward. If you can't give me a good one, I'm gonna slow down and you can't stop me!" If you don't have an answer ready, your day could be over right here.
Advice: Before the race, you need to be able to answer the question: "Why am I doing this race?" In other words, you need to determine what is the One Thing that put you in this race? To finish in the daylight with a smile on your face? To run a 4:10? .

Whatever your One Thing is, be absolutely clear and rehearse your mind/body debate beforehand. Practice makes perfect and this is a critical thing to have ready for when your body starts to push back.

Be warned: your body can be a helluva good negotiator at mile 18, especially if your mind hasn't prepared its rebuttal arguments beforehand.

Now team, do me a favor, take a deep breathe.... yes I mean it.... in through the nose, out through the mouth and SMILE. Are you doing it? Still not joking, DO IT!!!
It has been an honor to be your Race Captain. I am here all week if you need to vent, have any questions etc. Please remember to sign up on the IM Florida Dinner form if you haven’t already done so! Right now we have Mark and Wendy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qhs2uaEoTQcnwlzOWNz2vdYcDQpy0RVwkLuwm36gcYs/edit#gid=0
Please try and make the dinner, its so great to hang out together before the BIG day! I will be there in spirit!!
Mushy part over.... GO CRUSH THIS COURSE!

**** Go over the admin notes from race captain thread and the random thoughts from race captain thread to make sure you've done all your admin duties, social media stuff etc*****

Comments

• Options
    thanks, and how do you do the group me thing? sorry, I live in the country.
  • Options
    Laura, Thanks for the amazing job!
    I'm in Panama City Beach. It's going to be beautiful weather.
    My friend Terri from Michigan surprised me and is here to cheer me on during the race. So blessed to have amazing friends .
    My husband Mike,Terri and I rode the loop today. Great ride just need to use caution when traveling on Blue Springs Road .At the end of the road you go up a hill then down the back side of the hill is the left turn on 20. Took me by suprise but was ok.
    Coach Patrick, you suggested a restaurant in your video about the bike course. The the road you go up a hill then down the back side of the hill is the left turn on 20. Took me by suprise but was ok.
    Coach Patrick, you suggested a restaurant in your video about the bike course. Lotus Cafe is amazing you have to try it.
    Next store is Body Work you can schedule a massage on line.
    http://zengardenmarket.com/bodywork-massage/

• Options
    Everyone have a great race! Look forward to seeing everyone out on the course. Thank you Laura for your support. Amy Wray
  • Options
    Okay guys best of luck. I'll be volunteering as a catcher from 1 to 5. Hope to see lots of EN bling sailing through transition. Cool weather for a great run. Hope to be with you all next year.
  • Options
    Good luck everyone! So excited for you!
  • Options
    Thinking about the awesome ENrs going into battle tomorrow. Patience + discipline = success!