Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Road to a new me!

Hello Everyone!!

First let me introduce myself.  (In my best AA voice)  Hello, my name is Jason, and I'm a wanna-be triathlete

Ok, now that is out of the way, lets get to the details. I just turned 40 in August (over the hill???).  I'm coming off of Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (Bariatric) surgery on 7/11/16 (down from 310 lbs to 220 lbs currently, with more to go).  I'm looking to get back into triathlon.  I've participated in numbers tri's in past, with these as my top accomplishments:

(1) HIM (Rev3 Cedar Point 9/11/11) 7:50:37

(1) Half Aquabike (Rev3 Maine 8/25/13) 4:30:28

A few Olympic and many Sprint Tri's.

I was suffering from numerous injuries (knee, ankle, achilles, etc), which was caused from my excess weight.  That's why I opt'ed to go with WLS.  I have no regrets, and feel great as a result.  This got me back into running, and I'm ready to get back into the Tri game.

I have a few friends that are all members of EN, and suggested that I give it a try ( tri !!!).  My goals are a HIM this year, and to end with a Full Marathon in Nov.

Tenative schedule:

April - Columbus CapCity Half Mary

June - Motor City Tri (Oly)

July - IM Ohio 70.3

Oct - Detroit Freep Half Marathon

Nov - Las Vegas Rock&Roll Marathon

Of course there will be a mixture of smaller fun races (road/tri) in there a well.

Ok,  I should wrap this up.  I need to leave content for future posts!!

Thanks for having me as a Trial Member.  I'm really looking forward to becoming a full fledged member and seeing how well my season progresses!

- Jason

Comments