Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

Amazing Stats and Annual Numbers

After hearing from Ed Bass about cracking the 90,000 air miles...I am curious to know what other milestones YOU have hit??

Can't wait to hear!!!

Comments

• Options
    I am at 84 blood donations over my lifetime... Does that count?
  • Options
    Steve -

Hell yes!!! Who else!?

~ Coach P
  • Options
    Flew 186,000 miles of business travel in 2016 and increased my FTP by 38 points.
  • Options
    This year, flew the equivalent of more than 10 X around the world...(all time low in 16 years)
  • Options
    more important, after 4 years with EN, was finally able to meet the coaches and some of our great members
  • Options
    As of this year I've been around the sun 60 times (I have no idea how many miles that Β is) and I qualified for Kona!Β 
  • Options
    Just got to 2150 chargeable hours at work.. bleh

Can't explain how I can train for long distance triathlon into that but I do
  • Options

Ha, this is fun!

In order of pride / satisfaction:

• Averaged 18.1 hours of training per week (including yoga) over all of 2016 noting near zero workouts since early December.
    • Qualified for Kona in IM #9 in a Texas shitstorm.
    • Raced Kona and PR'd in IM #10 - Family/friends/team had an awesome time.
    • Diagnosed with Breast Cancer 12/01 --> 2x Mastectomy 12/13 effectively "having cancer" (knowingly) for 12 days. Β 
    • Relationships with family, friends and husband deeper, stronger better. Β 

And yes,Β I WANT THE FASTEST CANCER HACKER-OUTER MEDAL! Β 

• Options
    I quit accepting my mid-life pudge and lost 12 pounds in the past 3 months!! I've had to start replacing my pants since my wife tells me I was looking like a scarecrow.
  • Options
    Epic guys...thanks for sharing!!!! For me, this was my lowest year in training totals, with ZERO RACES for the first time I can recall.

And yet, I'm still doing okay!

I have been meditating 10' a day (it's killer) and am on my second full month.

Baby Steps!!
  • Options
    Lowest training numbers for me this year and PR'd IMLP. I think I am learning to train smarter and not harder. (My knees are thanking me)
    Over 100k miles flying makes one thing differently on how you train.
    Finally @ IMLP I got to meet the great coaches Patrick and Rich and the fabulous Mariah.
  • Options
    somewhere between 50 and "I lost count" - number of ENers I stayed with, met, re-met, raced with, trained with, cheered with, cheered on, cheered by, in 7 States (NY, CO(2 trips), WI, NH, MA, MD & CT)

2017 is already shaping up where I Plan that NY, CT, MA, CO, NC & PR should be covered!

• Options
    • I estimate that, since 2000, I have unbuilt and rebuilt my bike for/after airplane travel 180 times (that's 4x/trip, 10x/year), and not paid 1Β’ for luggage fees.
    • I walked 200 kilometers in 14 days at an average elevation of 12,000' in Nepal
    • For the 20th straight year, I exceeded 7500 kilometers bicycle riding, on five different bikes (TT, "Road", "touring", tandem, mountain)
    • Between May 12 and June 11, I biked 1000 miles, mostly with the EN Tour of California, and @ the Al T 'Tude Unofficial EN Camp in CO
    • For the first time in ten years, I did only ONE Ironman - this was a prime achievement for me as I try to balance my life a little bit, as witnessed by the highest # of skiing days (30) since I became a triathlete)
  • Options

We should chat: I flew about 190K this year. I don't know if I bumped my FTP though...