Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

New Trial Member from Carrollton, Georgia

Hey everyone, I'm Todd from Carrollton, Georgia.  I'm new to triathlon, having only participated in a couple of sprint distance events last fall. Like many, I immediately loved the sport.  I began primarily as a runner and began cross training on the bike last summer. I was able to survive the swim in the sprints, but immediately knew I wanted to improve.  Coming out of the water on my last sprint event I decided I would never do a triathlon again. When I finished the run of that same event I decided to register for Chattanooga 70.3!

My main endurance goal last year was to run my first half marathon. I ran two last year and entered the triathlon world. This year I'm hoping to do two 70.3 events and run my first full marathon as well. If all goes well 2018 will be the year of the full Ironman. 

I've been curious about Endurance Nation for a while now and look forward to giving it a shot.

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the Team, Todd!

I should caution you though that it's a slippery slope you've found yourself on...  I started very similar to you 7 years ago (but my weakness was/is the run).  I didn't think I would finish my first sprint.  I almost didn't sign up for my first Olympic because I thought it might be impossible for me to run 6.2 miles (let alone after a swim and a bike).  Then I hated the run so bad on my first OLY that first summer that I swore I'd never do another triathlon...   The next summer (after signing up for EN) was my first Half and then my first Full-IM...  Now 7 years after it all began I have done 9 Ironmans (including Kona), and have run an Ultramarathon (Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim of the Grand Canyon).  

Will be fun to watch your journey!
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2017 1:57PM
    Hey @John Withrow!  Thanks for introducing yourself. A slippery slope indeed. I'm looking forward to this season, since I got into the sport at the end of last season. My plan is to hit as many sprint and Olympic events as possible nearby between my big events this year. Should be a blast!