Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IMLP Training May 22 - May 28

2»

Comments

• Options
    3900m swim Friday, 72 mile ride and 3.6 mi brick run Saturday, ran 6.6 mi leg of 3 person relay for the VT City Marathon (I got the shortest leg out of pity for all the training I'm doing!) We took 3rd place in 3-5 person teams Mixed Masters. I may just take tomorrow off and enjoy the holiday. It's been awhile.
  • Options
    Big week of training for me in the books - 127 miles of riding, 29 miles of running and 7,100 yards of swimming.  

Did a huge ride with @Scott Dinhofer and his friend James Keeley yesterday.  I got in 109 miles at 18.1 mph with over 6k feet of climbing.  Was holding on and trying not to get dropped for the first half of the ride.  My water bottle on my handlebars kept coming loose, and I ended up trying to hold it while going downhill.  They were flying downhill (Scott reached a max of 52 mph, and James clocked in at 49 mph) and this was creating huge gaps that I had to fill.  Therefore, I ended up burning matches trying to catch up with them up hills.  I ended up sticking the errant water bottle in my back pocket and then was able to ride with much less distraction.  We were going fast, and I will admit that on the back half of the ride there was some spacing that may not have passed muster with the ITU drafting rules.  Nevertheless, it was an awesome ride and my many thanks to Scott for organizing it and giving me a look.

On Friday, I got in another run and swim and did the same today.  Tomorrow, my girlfriend and I will do a 5-mile Memorial Day race hosted by my town's running shop.  

On the equipment side, I need a recommendation for a cage to hold my water bottle between my aero bars.  I thought I could jam a water bottle into a torpedo cage, and I learned yesterday that I was very wrong.  

Also, my bike may require yet a fourth trip to the mechanic because now the rear derailleur is making a noise like a wounded animal while I am climbing steep hills.  

Finally, I got a small FuelBelt pack to hold my phone while I run.  It looks like a tiny fannypack, but now I have a place to put my keys and phone.  Embarrassing, but I think it will become quite handy.  

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and safe training.  
  • Options
    Great participation in IMLP threads....Was a blast watching everyone's week... Finally back in NH, not sure that is a good thing since the weather sucks and the water is really cold but it is what it is and its time to go to work ... Managed to get in 7hrs training for the week even with all the traveling, 6 runs, 1 bike and 1 OWS today in NH...
  • Options
    Had to move things around due to "running away from home to Detroit" with my hubby for a couple days celebrating 27 years of marriage!  Ran long on Wednesday, and not split.  13 miles at a decent pace (for me).  Ran a couple miles and did a short strength session in the hotel while husband slept off the sickness he has been dealing with.  Friday got the 3900y swim and 4 miles in later after we returned home and got settled.  Saturday was long ride and brick, and fueling was much better than Big Day (aka I ate enough!) with no upset belly and enough energy.  85 miles and a faster than it should have been brick of 3.8.  Sunday had my first ows with a bunch of friends, so there was a lot of regrouping, but very fun.  From swim I headed to the park and got in a decent abp ride.  

Happy with how I've been able to hit the power ranges I want on the sat/sun rides.  Pace is picking up a tick and getting more comfy on the new Ventum steed.  Wish I could be grabbing more elevation, but I don't ride the roads and there is only so much up in our parks.  I will head to our hilliest park post Aspen and LP Camp.  My legs should be used to climbing after that!  

Pool is closed, lake is very busy and we are not a on wake lake.  Probably won't swim today, but planting and 80 bags of mulch will get spread with my better half.  Guessing there will be beer after that too! ;)  Happy Memorial Day all!