Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IM Mont Tremblant Prep Week

WELL here we are! 13 weeks from the race! And I am PUMPED to join you on this journey as your Race Captain! If you don't already know me, I am also EN's Marketing Director and some affectionally will call me your Race Mom (but no I will not pack your lunches for you!) 

Please know I am HERE FOR YOU. So if you have questions, comments, concerns, need some venting time- whatever! SEND IT MY WAY! Next week we will start weekly training threads but before we do that, I want to get some of the administrative homework out of the way.

• View, Share, Read etc our IM MT landing page: HERE

• Check out the IMMT Master Racing Page: HERE

• On Social Media? Follow, Share, Spread the word about training with EN using #EN4Keys and tagging us on all platforms:

• Twitter - @teamen ---- Instagram - @teamendurancenation ------ Facebook - www.facebook.com/endurancenation

• Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and you earn a $50 Trisports.com gift card) 

• Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing IMMT to chime in on the weekly forums

• Check the box to follow the entire IMMT forum so you don't miss a single announcement

• Friend me on Facebook so that I can tag you in pictures and race recaps the week after your race on the EN page

• Your training hashtag is #EN4Keys and of course tag us if you wish, let’s tell the world!

Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics, tune up that bike, stretch out those legs and prepare that mental game and order the nutrition you need because we are about to dive head first into EN training.

Starting next Sunday night I will post the weekly forum with the training dates, some mojo, advice, admin notices and general EN awesomeness. Whether you're a veteran EN member or newbie, this is the magic of training with the team. We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about our daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!

If you have any questions about race weekend, Endurance Nation, whatever it is------I your trusty Race Captain extraordinaire will be here to answer any and all you can throw at me- just send me a message or post it here!!

I'm sure I have left some things out but no need to worry, we have plenty of time to IRON (see what I did there) all that out before race week.

On your mark.... get set.... GO!

Comments

• Options
    First question : is it gonna rain like 2016 ? Lol
  • Options
    "We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about our daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!"

Most important words above from the Captain's open remarks!

Time to begin the ramp peeps!

Looking forward to the journey!

SS

• Options
    @Francis Picard....hoping the rain gods stay away this year for us.....however if they don't....guess we know how to handle it after last year!! Perhaps a competitive advantage????
  • Options
    I really dont wanna use that advantage hah
  • Options
    I am looking forward to this Team event. I hope that everyone has an effective race training summer. I have one big race leading to IMMT and that is Ironman Syracuse 70.3. Both races have the same format. Wave starts, hilly bike course and rolling hills on the run. I'm very excited to be racing with EN. 
  • Options
    I really do not want you to use the advantage either. Rain Rain stay away!!!!

Not sure if anyone has been following the info on the facebook page but there are some changes they have made this year.

Here is what someone wrote to attended the webinar.

"other than the swim rolling start, the other significant course information was the addition of a second 'no passing' zone on the bike. 

It will be on the return leg of the Duplessis out/back, will be "plus or minus 300m" in length and strictly marshalled.

The other zone is as in previous years, on the narrow bridge on Montee Ryan"

• Options
    basically where all the crashes were happening in the last 2 years is now a no passing zone.. good idea but still believe that the Duplessis should be one way since we can come back on the other side by another road.
  • Options
    uhh ... crashes? ... qu'est-ce que c'est "crashes" @Francis Picard ...  :o 

... and so I don't get hopes up ... that French is courtesy of Google ...
  • Options
    Good prep week for me.  Healing is moving along in regards to my injury.  ~700 TSS for the week through Sat morning comprised mostly of Swimming and Running.  Low intensity bike for me today/tomorrow as the healing continues.

Happy Memorial Day weekend all!

SS
  • Options
    Glad to hear @Shaughn Simmons !  Enjoy the holiday all!

• Options
    Still recovering from my pneumonia, but rode 4 hours this morning (new route, took longer than expected, bagged the run because of that).  Glad to hear you're getting better, @Shaughn Simmons !

Have a good weekend all! Don't train too hard!
  • Options
    @Brenda Ross thanks for the heads up...knew about the swim but not bike. Are you saying no passing at all now on the downhill...or just normal drafting rules? Speaking of which I got a 5 min penalty for drafting UP a hill in CHOO half....didn't agree but not much I could do!
  • Options
    Had to adjust my training schedule this week due to some work conflicts but using the long holiday weekend to my advantage. Two solid bike rides planned over next two days should complete a good training week. One more week in GF plan before transitioning to IM plan where it gets really real, ha!
  • Options
    @Dawn Cass - looks like just a 300 meter stretch.
  • Options
    Did a Memorial Day SBR today with a run / bike / swim........then easy bike home in the heat....

Welcome to week 1 of 12 all!

SS
  • Options
    I still have some stupid (but fun) endurance stuff ahead before I settle into the normal IM plan.  I wondered why I was tired at the amusement park with my Grand-kids on Monday, until I remembered I'd run 34+ miles over the previous two days with 5500' of elevation gain...  50K is Saturday 6/10, so the next two weeks are pretty normal volume.  The week of the 12th will be all bike and swim.  

That's a really bad idea - when can we start?