Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT Training May 29 - June 5

You are NOW officially in Ironman Training!

At 12 weeks out from Mt Tremblant, Coaches have now crowned and officiated you into IM world.  The great thing about Endurance Nation Ironman training is, you don't have to kiss your family friends and coworkers goodbye for the next 12 weeks. With effective training for the "everyday athlete" you should still have time for a life outside of compression socks and power meters!

Make sure to watch the videos, podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website. They are located on the right side of the your training page.  CHECK THEM OUT! Maybe listen to them as you stretch, roll or recover or as you fuel up for a workout.  

Thanks for checking in and introducing yourself!! So now lets hear it, make some noise.... Any questions for the team?

MAKE SURE TO REST! As the 5th discipline in IRONMAN training, it often gets overlooked. Remember to rest. Your body (and your family) will thank you!

- Your trusty Race Captain, Mariah

Don’t forget to post on your workouts and keep us in the loop! If you have a pic or video to post remember to use #EN4Keys! Let’s seem some SWEAT! HERE WE GO!!

#EN4Keys

Comments

• Options
    Hello Captain, 12 weeks out eh,thanks 4 the reminder

• Options
    lets do this
  • Options
    7 runs  a week - that is all I have to say
  • Options
    Well I'll see what I can do.   Going to go for it even though still in recovery from injury to hernia surgery and will have to slowly get back to paces and distance in the next couple weeks then hack a little 8 week plan 2 week taper.  But all so worth it to see how Canada does this thing................
  • Options
    Whoop whoop!! Going to be a kickass summer!
  • Options
    I slotted Ironman 70.3 Syracuse into my schedule. So, for two more weeks I am focused on that. I spent a few hours on the course this weekend. There have been some changes in the bike and run course. The run course is more manageable, but the bike course is cruel. The first 29 miles are essentially the same as in 2011. However, the last 27 miles add about 1,000 feet of elevation. So, I still have some work to get done.
  • Options
    Racing MT 70.3 in 3 weeks and really looking forward to test my fitness level at that race even if cant compare HIM and IM.

Did all prescribed workouts this week except the split long run which couldnt made it cuz of work schedule and the ABP ride was a failed attempt with the bad weather we got.

Closing the week with 14h08 total time, 1154 TSS

Also decided to cut a swim per week and take that time to rest, I dont feel getting any swim improvment with 3 and feel my time better invest into rest that swimming.

nice work all around from everyone from what I can see on strava !!