Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Santa Rosa
Options

IMSantaRosa Training June 6 - June 12

Does anyone have any races coming up? This week Coach Rich talks about how to insert a race in your Ironman training.  Take a listen and get some ideas! Coaches like to have you break up your race season into A, B, C races and this is traditionally the last weekend you can have a 70.3 leading up to your full.

This week is a Bike Focus Week. Coaches have strategically put in some volume bumps within the plan to prepare you for your race! This will be a chance for your to push your boundaries in cycling. So what do you have on your plan for cycling this week? Going anywhere beautiful and exciting to enjoy the time outside?

A couple more notes: Make sure you are tweaking your nutrition plan as needed!! And write these things down...what works, what doesn’t??  

So now I turn it over to the fantastic Santa Rosa Crew- I want to hear all about your training weekend and what you learned.Let’s GET IT!!!

*** SPONSOR OF THE WEEK:  Roka- Check out this AWESOME gear!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Mariah!  I've been pretty fatigued the first couple of days this week.  Skipped todays swim figuring my body needs the rest.  I want to make sure I'm able to hit the big bike workouts this weekend.  I did my mile repeat run this morning and after a little longer warmup hit the paces.  I'm hoping some extra rest and focusing on good nutrition will get me through this fatigue.  I'm waiting to see what the weather will be like this weekend before deciding on inside or outside riding.
  • Options
    I'm front loading the bike this week d/t the rain/thunderstorms we're supposed to get thurs/fri and saturday. Had a great swim this morning. Then found out that my grandson had finally made his appearance. Did my tempo run this morning. Hit my paces but not as easily as last week. Think I was a little dry. HR was high. Right knee is still a bit stiff. Saw my sports/chiro dude and got an ultrasound treatment. That should help. He thinks I have a little bursitus. He wants me to take this week off. I told him "NOPE". Knee feels good. If there was an ouch I would. 
    Tomorrow is long bike. Going to go hammer out 50 miles. Yippee! Should be lovely. 

@ Tom- REST>REST>REST> You've been working hard. Good for you for shutting it down. Our weather here is going to get ugly! Hopefully you will miss some of it.
  • Options
    Ok, got my split run in today.  Second run this afternoon I was wondering if the legs would get moving but after about 10 minutes they didn't let me down.   Hope everyone's training is going well!
  • Options
    WOW! Coach Rich is stepping down. Any idea how that's going to effect Santa Rosa as a key race? I thought Rich was the going.

• Options
    @Jacklyn I haven't heard anything.  I hope it still remains a team race!

Did my 5 hours on the trainer (zwift) this morning.  Legs are definitely trashed.  Spending the rest of the day with feet up so I have a chance at tomorrows workout.
  • Options
    I have confirmation that Rich will not be at Santa Rosa. As to it staying a key race. Patrick doesn't know yet. 

@Tom Box- Have no idea how you did 5 hours on the trainer. I did 1.5 hours and was done! 
  • Options
    Zwift is the only way to do long workouts on the trainer.  Today did the EN group Sunday ride on Zwift.  We've now added a group talk feature with the Discord app which makes it way cool.  Everyone should give this a try!  3 hours flew by today.