Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Wisconsin
Options

First trip to WI

IMWI will be my first opportunity to visit the state. Looks like there are still options for hotels in downtown. We generally prefer VRBO but it looks like many of the houses are outside of the downtown area. Any tips for staying in Madison? How far out is too far? How gnarly is the drive to T1 race day morning? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I always stayed on the other side of town and never had an issue, though I was getting there not too long after transition opened. Its very much a college town and it never seemed that anything was too far away. Just my 2 cents.ย 
  • Options
    Agree with Scott. Any of the hotels in and around town are good. There is a large parking ramp one block away from transition that I usually use on race day.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2017 4:41PM
    The Hilton is best (but $$). ย  The Concourse is a close second, and much less expensive. ย  ย No driving needed from either.
  • Options
    I think hilton is booked. I have a room at the Concourse and the AC Madison Downtown - equally good?
  • Options
    I've never been able to get the Hilton either. ย  I've stayed at Concourse both times and would recommend. ย Easy few block walk to transition/check in, etc.