Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Santa Rosa
Options

IMSantaRosa Training Wk June 13 - June 19

Run Focus Week

Alrighty folks- how ya’ll doin?!? Let’s all check in and hear how things are going! Things are certainly ramping up, CTLs goin up and ya’ll are ROCKSTARS!

So the coaches declared this a “Run Focus Week”.  What that means is if possible, aim for a few more than your "typical" week by either inserting another run day or adding a small amount to every run you do.   HOWEVER- This is entirely optional, it simply plays into their separate build / taper approach for managing fitness by discipline across your Race Prep phase.

In saying that, as we start the week- check in with yourself.  How are you feeling? How’s your body handling the training stress? Make sure to watch this weeks videos- LOTS of important information about the critical volume push and where to put the long run in the final weeks.  (Located on the right side of your Training Plan page).

There is some EXTREMELY important and valuable information about smart training.

Alright  sure to post in the forum or social media so we can see your hard work this week.  Make sure to tag EN and friend  your teammates (and me, if you haven’t done so already!!!)  This is hands down going to be an awesome group of EN'rs and I can't wait for you to crush it. Go out there and make us proud!

*** EN GEAR:  Make sure to check out our AMAZING store at Trisports! http://www.trisports.com/endurance-nation.html

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Tried to do the z5 intervals. It was a good thought. NOPE. Didn't even come close. The best I could muster was z3 for each mile. Not sure where the speed is. HR was fine. Just not there. Hubs and child have a virus so I am hoping this isn't fore shadowing. 

Swim was crap tastic too. Flat and slow. Stroke felt weak and sloppy. Last week it rocked. Just no get and go. Got the work done though. 
  • Options
    @Jacklyn, sometimes that's the way it goes.  Keep plugging along, doing the work and it will come together.

Today, I did the ftp intervals on the bike.  I'm really liking zwift these days for some of my bike workouts.  Did a run after work.  It was tough to get up to Z3 so most of the second half was Z2.  Rain in the forecast for tomorrow so it looks like TM for my long run.