Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Ironman Austria or the NEW ironman Norway.... which would you choose?

I have been allowed to spoil next year's family vacation to Europe with a little race.... only problem is I can't decide where to force my family to travel to and watch me race.  

Help me decide before the early registration for Austria ends tomorrow!!!!  I promise I won't tell them who to blame!!!!

Comments

• Options
    If you wanna match with vacationa"s, I would choose Austria since its easier to go somewhere else after or before. You can combine with Germany easily

Norway is very very expensive. 
  • Options
    There seems to be tons of other europe races that would fit the bill- Zurich is looking enticing
  • Options
    Or, you could go "shorter"...the ITU Long Distance champs are in Denmark next year, July 6-14. Take your pick among Duathlon, Aquabike, or LD Tri (3/120/30K). Qualify @ Miami this Nov.
  • Options
    I am going to Norway.  Already done IM Sweden, IM Switzerland and IM Germany (Regensburg).   I will fly to Bergen on Icelandair with a stopover on the way back to pick up some more of the sights we missed on our last visit.  Will take the bus to Haugesund and stay in Bergen, a world heritage site, several nights before heading back to Iceland.
  • Options
    @Al Truscott I had been planning on Denmark for a long time, but Norway checks more boxes and scores vastly more SAUs.
  • Options
    @Satish Punna - Austria is sold out.  Did you sign up?  They slipped registration for IM Norway from 4 July to 10 July.  I suspect they did that so they could post a big announcement about the race on Ironman.com this Friday.  We shall see.