Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Reflective Gear

What should I purchase for reflective gear?  Is there some sort of disposable reflective tape people put on their run shirts and shoes?  Should I have a glow stick?  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I bought some reflective tape years ago for my 1st IM.  It does get quite dark out there.  They did have glo stick which they handed out on the course, or did in the past as it gets dark.  Now I just go with my shoes which have a bit of reflective piece on them and the oncourse glo sticks (assuming they have them).  
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    As someone who spent quality time on River Road long after dark (no glows sticks b/c ran out before BOPers arrived), I'd stick an L.L. Bean-style headlamp in my special needs bag if I expected to be on River Road after dark.  Wasn't worried about people seeing me - just would have been easier to judge the grade of the rolling hills under the trees.  As an added bonus, would help in the porta potties after dark.  haha.  You'll be great! 
  • Options
    I have a cool cap with lights.  I will bring that too thanks!!  I am indeed a BOPer.