Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Chattanooga
Options

IMCHOO Training Wk July 17 - July 24

Second “Big Day”

Things to pay attention to

• Nutrition

• Watching your pacing (are you making mistakes early on?)

Don’t “rest” in-between but no need to go full fledge tri geek and set up transitions where you sprint from event to event

What coach wants to see this week is us talking about how we are going to prepare. Post your “big day” check list here, a chance to even practice your “race plan” and “race report”

Let’s not wait until after the big day to start discussing what we did or didn’t do. Lets plan it out, write it out and discuss it now so we can help each other. Then debrief the awesome team after the big day on what worked and what didn’t.

This will set you up for your race rehearsals closer to race day.

Ya’ll are EN rock stars…. soooo what’s on your mind?

Comments

• Options
    Made it through my first split long run of the build. I'm happy with the results. I've got a busy week ahead but I should only miss one swim wko. 
    By the way, new GE formula is not bad. Keep Crushing those workouts compadres 
  • Options
        the places you will go.... when you are on your bike! Tour De Paris, TX.. yep that is a cowboy hat on top of the Eiffel Tower!  I love this Ironman training because of the adventures!
        Big Day Plans:  Last time, my travel time from lake to ride start took too long, I had no training partners for any of it as they don't need a Big Day, and the ride had too much "admin".  I do not live close to any of my "training grounds" nor to any other triathlete, nor do I have any SAG,  so the logistics is the tricky part.  I am currently working on gathering information on who is riding where...when.  
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more on the adventures of a long bike ride.  I like to try and find a tour ride for the ABP ride on Sunday.  Go see some new places.  

If anyone is interested, I am heading to Chattanooga for a 'training camp' on August 17.  Ride/run Friday, Saturday, then run Sunday and drive home.  Mentally, I need to do this.  It was an incredible help to me for my first in Lake Placid.  No actual EN camp, so this will be it for me.

I don't know if this should be a separate thread or not.  Let me know if anyone else is interested in joining in.
  • Options
    I don't know the people putting this on, but passing it on....
    Ironman Chattanooga Pre Ride:  August 13th
    https://www.facebook.com/events/467388740280881/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22ref_newsfeed_story_type%22%3A%22regular%22%2C%22feed_story_type%22%3A%22361%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D

Wheels down at 7am. 2 loops of the full course. Invite your friend, neighbors, and anyone that is racing or just want to get a long ride in great company. 1 Loopers are welcome as well.
    This is a not supported ride. There are several stores to buy water and food on the course.

Course ride 9/3
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1467930556563386/?ti=icl
  • Options
    @ironmarianne last year i unknowingly joined a group ride around mile 20. They were very friendly and the couple I road with were local so it was nice to chat with them.
  • Options
    How did everybody's Big Day go?  
  • Options
    I got in 74 on the bike and cut it to 4 on the run. It wasn't worth the heat suffering to run any longer. I was happy with the results. Nutrition and pacing were good. 
  • Options
    Questionable weather caused the pre-workout fueling to be off.  Swam 3000m after a banana,  80 miles on the bike (it's flat) but too fast / power.  Super humid and then the sun came out to make sure it was good and miserable.  6.5 miles on the run with one stop for ice water.
    Need more work on the plan.  More discipline on the bike, more calories.  Hydration was good.
    I guess that is why we do these crazy days.
  • Options
    The lake was 90 degrees, yes 90!  So I did the swim in the pool on Friday.  But did a 30 minute easy pace swim in the lake on Saturday before the bike.  Knocked out 78.5 on the bike and felt really good the entire time. Headed out on the run and quit after 3.5 miles.  It was 107 degrees and I decided it just wasn't safe to continue.