Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2017 IM Wisconsin Unofficial Training Weekend?

Team! I was talking with Jim Helie the other day and he mentioned heading up to Madison in early August. I bet some of you maniacs will be out there training, and was hoping you can share tips or maybe even connect. 

I hope this works!!!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options
    Hi Patrick,
    Have Jim send me a PM. I live 2 hours from Madison & usually get down there several times each summer to train on the course.
  • Options
    I live about 2 hours south of Madison and will definitely be heading up to Madison a few times this summer. Probably over the July 4th holiday (before Racine 70.3) and then late July / early August.  We could meet at Fireman's park and roll from there.
  • Options
    I'm doing the boulber half on aug 5 th and am planning to go to Madison the next week to do camp like week. Never been there and want to ride the bike coarse a couple of times. Any tips orinfo about the coarse or that would want to join me would be appreciated. And thanks for replying Mark and Tony, I will be sure to pm you to see if this can work for you.
  • Options

Some Info-  2 options, the loop (42miles you can do x2) or the long ride (66miles) some do back ride loop.

Expect some short rolling hills (10-12%) from Madison to Verona, in Madison I park my car in Olin Park (near Sheraton Madison Hotel), on the end of the bike I like to run in path to Madison on the side of John Nolen Dr(wooden bridge).

In Verona, I park my car in the front of Fireman’s Park (I put some water and food if I do 2 loops).

Water and restroom- Kwik Trip gas station Mt Horeb and  Mobile gas station Verona (N Main St/W Verona Ave).

• Options
    The Mt Horeb gas station is very accommodating as folks stop there a lot. If you just want to hit the loop, fireman park is where most will start from. If you want the full course, the Clarion near the capitol is a good place to start (and stay if you're staying overnight). That has been base camp for past weekends for EN. 
  • Options
    Message me when you are going. I'm 1.5 hrs south and could use the company

• Options
    If it was like last Saturday, I was never out of sight of 3-4 bikers at any time.   It's always crazy busy on Saturday.