Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Los Cabos
Options

2017 IM CABO week in review

So far so good training wise. Had a goodnight call with coach P to talk over my post injury and layoff ramp up. The plan I see to hold steady at about 15hrs for the month of August, plan a camp in sept and another in October and to reconvene in a few weeks to check progress.
run miles are increasing week per week but run EF is still pitifully low. Such is life.
in the mean time 3 people were killed and two more wounded by gunfire on the beach where the swimstart is going to be held. Oh boy...
if anyone else is racing Cabo, tell me how your training is going. Regardless I'm gonna post once a week anyway.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I might be in ... but won't have a solid yes or no until Oct 15. ย In the meantime, I'll follow your posts and progress!
  • Options
    Go find my race report on Puerto Rico 70.3 where I rode through the middle of a targeted execution and two triathletes were shot in the crossfire. ย And yet I'm going back in January to ride La Vuelta. You will be fine.
  • Options
    and just like that it looks like I am swapping out to IMAZ via foundation and AWA administration's help.
    I can say that I am personally worried about my safety while racing in cabo. But my family is worried. And my inlays are worried. And my wife is worried.
    And honestly folks, the stress of them worrying is not something that I want to add to the stress of an IM build. And it is certainly not something that I want in my head on race day.
    Sooooo we are changing plans and will most likely stay up the road in phoenix.