Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Chattanooga
Options

IMChatt 2017 Wk 16

Went down to Chattanooga with a friend who is also racing.  Wow, was it hot and humid.  Rode the loop 2x on Friday from the Dollar General.  Plan was to run 2-3 miles after riding 100.  That didn't work out so good.  Rode a bit too hard, super hot and humid and friend was fubar after the 100 so we called it good.  (he ran out of fluids at the start of Hog Jowl on the second loop)

Saturday, a bit earlier start, a smarter ride.  Rode 56 and ran 4 off the bike.  Again, from the Dollar General.  Much better.  Felt good on the run.

Sunday.  One loop of the run course.  Ran smart, felt great.  14.5 miles - sweat the whole time.  

I like the course, sure do have to pay attention.  Seems like all I did was change gears on the bike.  Run on the highway out of town is boring and will be a grind for sure.  Riverwalk, very nice.  Golf course, very nice.  Race management will be key.

I hope everyone is training well and staying healthy.  Starting to get nervous, excited, worried, geeked.  This will be my second IM and am very glad that I had the opportunity to review the course before race day!

Train on!

Comments

• Options
    After being at Mont Tremblant this weekend I need to stress that everyone know their sodium intake and how best to use it. 

Is it BASE? Gatorade Gatorlytes (this is patricks favorite) Salt pill etc. 

KNOW THIS BY NOW AND BE PRACTICING IT! 
  • Options
    I rode 100 solo on SAT and 62 on Sunday..in very hot weather...doing HHH100 (Hotter than Hell) on SAT and their trail 1/2 marathon on Sunday.  I am not on my desired pace but can feel my endurance lengthening..so progress.  
  • Options
    @William Bejin
    im glad you got to experience the heat of Choo, expect nothing different on race day. 

Wow, running out of fluids at hog jowl, that's a bit back to your starting point. I'm guessing you stopped at the store in chickamauga. 

Heed the warning from @Mariah Bridges we will have to be smart to succeed on race day.

Choo Crew Keep Workin!
  • Options
    Water in choo.... 84degrees..... make sure you have a swim skin ready! 
  • Options
    ^^^  great cuz very warm water down here too!!  I don't have a swim skin though...
  • Options
    @ironmarianne
      i ripped by swim skin at Raleigh so I'm looking around for one also.
      I posted a question in the gear forum if you wanna follow and see what others have to say. 
    https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/252016#Comment_252016
  • Options
    School teaching always zaps me both in energy and in time...I am not on point with training.. although this upcoming HHH100 will be my 4th century since mid June.  Got a popular sprint tri here locally in 2 weeks, if the skin can be found/begged or borrowed, I will try then.  I am continuing on but will make my final decision on attendance to IMCHATT in relation to my pacing and the particular cutoffs and my "opportunity costs" (yes one of the four subjects I teach is economics!!).  Labor Day Weekend, I can go epic, following weekend is sprint tri and I can ride day before, then next weekend is in taper...so will know more when I know more... hugs to all... m