Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2017 IM Wisc- Week 19- The Box and Team Dinner

edited August 27, 2017 11:49PM in Ironman Wisconsin

THE BOX WEEK 19

The biggest thing to remember is that you are TRAINED and ready to EXECUTE this race.  Your MIND and ATTITUDE play a huge part in this….

buddhajpg

This week think about YOUR box, what you learned in RR1 and RR2 and how you can keep the box as large. Remember you are not out there trying to make anything happen on race day. You are keeping that box as large as you can for as long as you can, you're focused, calm, collected and executing ninjas.

All day long you are going to race inside a box defined by what you can control. Ask yourself "What do I need to do right NOW to create the conditions for success at The Line? Is what I'm doing right now counter to this goal?

Advice: On the swim, the Box is the space your body occupies in the water: focus on your form and the rest will come. On the bike, the box is probably about one aid station long. On the run, the box begins as 2-3 aid stations long but often diminishes to "from here to the next lampost/manhole cover/mail box." Regardless:

1. Keep The Box as big as you can for as long as you can.

2. Keep in The Box only the things you can control. Let go of the rest.

3. Exercise this decision-making process inside your Box: Observe the situation, Orient yourself to a possible course of action, Decide on a course of action, Act (OODA Loop).

Let's check in since we are getting close....
Group me will start race week on Tuesday or Wednesday.
There will not be an official team dinner but we can organize one now using this Google Doc! Sign up for what day works best and how many and we will get the ball rolling. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aJH5gPPVeItr4PX6rUaXys3Qi72mM4YTx1_nKGhcIfo/edit?usp=sharing
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ALSO- Dont forget the webinar is coming up!!
    Pre-Race Webinar
    08/29/17 -- Ironman Wisconsin @ 8pm EST. Register HERE

• Options
    edited September 1, 2017 1:52AM
    x
  • Options
    Don't forget to sign up for the dinner. I can make reservation arrangement and if anyone has suggestions to share. Depending on the size of the group, we may want to make a reservation. My recommendation would be the Great Dane Pub. downtown.greatdanepub.com. IT has options for all even for Vegans and it is a block away from the expo

• Options
    edited August 31, 2017 7:17PM

One Vote for Great Dane.

• Options
    Great Dane sounds good!
  • Options
    Great Dane works for me
  • Options
    Is the dinner on Thur or Friday?
  • Options
    Friday dinner at the Great Dane sounds great. Let us know the time.  Looking forward to meeting all!
  • Options
    This is the second time that I click POST COMMENT and it doesn't sent! I will now have to double check! This is what I wanted to send 3-4 days ago!The dinner can be either nights. Make sure you enter your information and preference  in the spreadsheet linked in the first comment of this thread. Many people including me will not arrive until Friday. If most people prefer Thursday, it will be Thursday but so far everyone selected Friday. I hope everyone is starting to feel ready to race!  It is coming soon and on top, the CURRENT weather forecast says it will be sunny and 70F. Incredible!!
  • Options
    I plan on calling either tonight or tomorrow morning to make the reservation. Please make sure you fill up the sheet (see first comment above from Laura). I think Jon, Doug and James said they are coming but are not on the spreadsheet.
  • Options
    I currently plan on arriving Friday morning early BUT I need to get my workout in. I have a race in a month and I am in the weekend part of the plan. I am sure you are not envious and totally appreciate the tapering. I will start with a swim at the Terrace and head out for a 6 hour bike ride. Will connect after and will be at the dinner with my wife. Shoot me any questions you may have. Enjoy the last week of preparation. It is the best part!
  • Options
    Great Dane Pub would not accept our reservation due to other already reserved groups. Don't be desperate! I found an even better restaurant with pizza and pasta called Naples15. It is in the same area, only 2 blocks from the capitol square. I made the reservation for 6PM on Friday for 22 people. The lady at the restaurant was very nice and I want to make sure we are close to the estimate; please let me know if your plan change. The restaurant address is 15 N Butler St, Madison, WI 53703 and you can find more info at: www.naples15.com . I am also updating the sign-up spreadsheet. It was very hard to find another place to accommodate a large group. I hope everyone will like it! Thanks all, Frederick

• Options
    Great Dane Pub would not accept our reservation due to other already reserved groups. Don't be desperate! I found an even better restaurant with pizza and pasta called Naples15. It is in the same area, only 2 blocks from the capitol square. I made the reservation for 6PM on Friday for 22 people. The lady at the restaurant was very nice and I want to make sure we are close to the estimate; please let me know if your plan change. The restaurant address is 15 N Butler St, Madison, WI 53703 and you can find more info at: www.naples15.com . I am also updating the  

• Options
    I'm in also.
  • Options
    Wanted to reach and send some EN LOVE to all racing!  Having met and/or raced with most of you, I wish you all a great day out there!  I have all of you locked and loaded in my tracker.  I am familiar with the course and what this course is going to hand you on race day.  It will be a great day, enjoy it, be patient, be focused, be disciplined and show the rest of the competition what it means to wear the EN jersey!

Good skill all!!

SS