Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

2017 IM Florida- Week 13- Knowledge is Key

Week 13 - Knowledge burst

Does anyone have any races coming up? Take a listen to the video today about adding in a race.  Coaches like to have you break up your race season into A, B, C races and this is traditionally the last weekend you can have a 70.3 leading up to your full.

This week is a Bike Focus Week. Coaches have strategically put in some volume bumps within the plan to prepare you for your race! This will be a chance for your to push your boundaries in cycling. So what do you have on your plan for cycling this week? Going anywhere beautiful and exciting to enjoy the time outside?

A couple more notes: Make sure you are tweaking your nutrition plan as needed!! And write these things down...what works, what doesn’t??  

So now I turn it over to the fantastic Florida Crew- I want to hear all about your training weekend and what you learned.Let’s GET IT!!!

Who is racing FL??
@Virginia Edmonds
@Marianne Park @Mark Lane @David Homes @Sam Lawrence @Johan Saltin @jim ebert @Greg Peterson  

*** SPONSOR OF THE WEEK:  Roka- Check out this AWESOME gear!

We are honored to have the opportunity to support Endurance Nation

T-EndurNat-25 This will give you 25% off on swim products, such as wetsuits, swimskins, swimwear, and swim equipment. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-RUN20 This will give you 20% off run products. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-CYCLE20 This will give you 20% off non closeout cycling products. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-SG20 This will give you 20% off sunglasses. It is valid through the end of the year.

T-EndurNat-TRI20 This will give you 20% off triathlon apparel. It is valid through the end of the year.

These codes are used when ordering from our website, www.rokasports.com.  We ask that you're discreet with the discount code and refrain from sharing it with non-club members  Please do not ask retailers to match your team discount.  Please note that the code is not active during a site wide sale and you cannot combine your team code with any other discount.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Laura,

Thank you for the update.

I raced the patriots Williamsburg /Jamestown HIM this past Sat. Spectacular course and amazing weather..... official time 5:59:27... had a great (first time) race.

Along the 2 loop run I saw an EN team member (sorry not sure who he was and could not find him after the race).  Still trying to secure EN gear before  FL ((size L or ExL if anyone has extra to sell).

Biggest lesson learned  was not to wear full compression sock for the bike /run... it took a solid min + to get them on in T1 .... yup rookie mistake! They did work quite well once on. 

I used Tailwind and stinger waffles for the bike fuel and cliff gels on the run. Due to perfect weather conditions I managed only  1 bottle/hr (was aiming for 2/hr but the tank was full)+ 1 waffle per hr on the bike and 1 gel every 3 miles on the run with g-aide at the aid stations.  Depending on FL weather, this race helped me dial nutrician in nicely. Understanding that at IFM I will require higher cal. consumption.

Hope everyone is having a great traingin week!

Jose Carpio