Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Chattanooga
Options

IMChoo - Week 19 - Almost There!!!!

THE BOX 

You are ALMOST there. SO many questions and so much to think about- The biggest thing to remember is that you are TRAINED and ready to EXECUTE this race.  Your MIND and ATTITUDE play a huge part in this….SO let's keep our AWESOMENESS GOING!!!!

ADMIN: 

1. TEAM DINNER: Last week to sign up! Read the instructions and make sure you pay for your whole crew! 

Location: Blue Water Grille 224 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37402
    Phone:(423) 266-4200
    Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017
    Time: 6:00pm
    Cost: $40.00 per person
    Link to purchase tickets is HERE

Dinner Menu
    BUFFET ENTREE AND CARVING SELECTIONS
    includes unlimited coffee, tea and fountain sodas

CHICKEN PICATTA - Lightly dusted in seasoned flour, and sautéed with a white wine, butter, lemon juice, and caper sauce

SALT & PEPPER-GRILLED SALMON - Fresh salmon seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled to perfection.

VEGETARIAN PASTA- Cavatappi pasta tossed in a havarti cream sauce with red bell peppers and fresh spinach.

Side items:
    Market Fresh Vegetables
    White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
  2. GroupMe will happen on Wednesday of race week after 12noon. 

It's easier if you download the APP that way it saves you from 900 million texts..... just sayin. 

3. Four Keys Talk - Patrick is not able to make it to this race this year, however, Mariah is going to be there, but will NOT be conducting a 4 Keys Talk, however....we have you covered.  Please find the link to Coach Rich's Pre-Race Webinar here. Master Racing Page, for all things Chattanooga here and IMChattanooga Race Guide can be found here.

Some food for thought this week…….think about YOUR box, what you learned in RR1 and RR2 and how you can keep the box as large. Remember you are not out there trying to make anything happen on race day. You are keeping that box as large as you can for as long as you can, you're focused, calm, collected and executing ninjas.

All day long you are going to race inside a box defined by what you can control. Ask yourself "What do I need to do right NOW to create the conditions for success at The Line? Is what I'm doing right now counter to this goal?

Advice: On the swim, the Box is the space your body occupies in the water: focus on your form and the rest will come. On the bike, the box is probably about one aid station long. On the run, the box begins as 2-3 aid stations long but often diminishes to "from here to the next lampost/manhole cover/mail box." Regardless:

1. Keep The Box as big as you can for as long as you can.

2. Keep in The Box only the things you can control. Let go of the rest.

3. Exercise this decision-making process inside your Box: Observe the situation, Orient yourself to a possible course of action, Decide on a course of action, Act (OODA Loop).

Ok friends..... questions, comments, concerns? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    How many signed up for the dinner so far?
  • Options
    Didn't know if anyone was expecting wetsuits for the swim but this is what I got from a guy that lives down there.

Water temp was 76 even. You can expect wetsuits on raceday for 144.6! Happy for that! The night time temps here for the next 10 days will be in the mid 50's, daytime @ 80deg. I'm expecting around 73-74 degrees water temp race day if not lower.”
  • Options
    Can't believe it is here.  VERY excited for the team dinner.  A little disappointed that Coach Patrick will not be there.  Should still be a lot of fun.

This has been a much different training season for me.  This is my second IM and trained much more - 120 miles of biking and 65 miles of running - per MONTH.  Interested to see how this translates on race day.  So much more training, now that we are tapering, it is messing with my mind because it's not 15+ hours for these last few weeks.  

Focus is now on execution and not forgetting anything for the trip.  

Looking forward to seeing / meeting everyone and having a wonderful race day experience.  
  • Options
    Good luck everyone!  I know and appreciate what it takes just to make it to the starting line healthy as well as the cost in terms of time, money, family, sacrifice, etc....

Have a great day out there, try to enjoy yourselves, be safe, represent strong and be grateful that you can do these things!

KMF!

SS
  • Options
    Just got our tickets for the dinner.

Will there be a bacon station on the run course? 
  • Options
    We will not be in time for the dinner as we are arriving Thursday around midnight. Look forward to seeing everyone.
  • Options
    Have fun everyone and see you there! 
  • Options
    We think we will arrive too late on Thursday for the dinner, so we didn't make any reservations for it. Currently in Amsterdam (thanks work...) until Wednesday so trying to do everything possible to minimize any time zone shocks. Also means all remaining taper activities are limited to hotel gym and the local streets.