Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2017 IM Louisville- Let's GO!

HOWDY AMAZING IM Louisville RACERS!!
Can you believe it?? HERE WE ARE! It’s race prep time! I am PUMPED to join you on this journey as your Race Captain! Please know I am HERE FOR YOU. This will be my second year as Race Captain and I am excited to revamp and make these weekly posts even more valuable to you.  If you have questions, comments, concerns, need some venting time- whatever! SEND IT MY WAY! This week let’s get some of the administrative homework out of the way
    • View, Share, Read etc our IM Louisville Racing Page

• On Social Media? Follow, Share, Spread the word about training with EN using #EN4Keys and tagging us on all platforms:

• Twitter - @teamen ---- Instagram - @teamendurancenation ------ Facebook - www.facebook.com/endurancenation

• Use email friend@endurancenation.us to get a friend to train with you and EN (they get 30 days FREE and you can earn referral bonuses)

• Nudge all current EN members that you know are racing IM Louisville to chime in on the weekly forums

• Our new and improved Forums are amazing so make sure you bookmark the threads to check in weekly!!  Check the box to follow the entire IM Louisville forum so you don't miss a single announcement

• Friend Mariah Bridges and me on Facebook so that we can tag you in pictures and race recaps the week after your race on the EN page

• Your training hashtag is #EN4Keys and of course tag us if you wish, let’s tell the world!

Charge all your swim, bike and run electronics, tune up that bike, stretch out those legs and prepare that mental game and order the nutrition you need because we are about to dive head first into EN training.

Every Sunday night/ Monday I will post the weekly forum with the training dates, some mojo, advice, admin notices and general EN awesomeness. Whether you're a veteran EN member or newbie, this is the magic of training with the team. We will keep each other motivated, have a place to talk about your daily training ups and downs, get questions answered, answer fellow teammates questions and make some friends along the way. The more everyone participates the more everyone will crush this race the Endurance Nation way!

Make sure to watch the videos, podcasts and blogs that are attached to each week of training on the website. They are located on the right side of the your training page.  CHECK THEM OUT! Maybe listen to them as you stretch, roll or recover or as you fuel up for a workout.  

I will post highlights weekly. This week they talk about the importance of the long ride and data tracking. Get to know yourself and what your needs are during these long rides. Track EVERYTHING!! The difference between a successful execution and an unsuccessful one is knowing what you need to execute.

So ROLL CALL! Who’s doing IM Louisville ?? Introduce yourself- let us know where you are from? Is this your first IM? Anything you wanna share about yourself. Because  WE ARE A TEAM and we want to support each other the best we can. So now let’s hear it, make some noise.... Any questions for the team?

On your mark.... get set.... GO!

*** SPONSOR OF THE WEEK:  InsideTracker: Check out Coach P’s blog on this incredible process. https://www.endurancenation.us/blog/uncategorized/insidetracker/

InsideTracker is a personalized health analytics company founded by leading scientists, physicians, nutritionists and exercise physiologists from MIT, Harvard and Tufts University.

The InsideTracker platform tracks and analyzes key biochemical and physiological markers and applies sophisticated algorithms and large scientific databases to determine personalized optimal zones for each marker.

Inside Tracker

Discount: 20% to TeamEN Members

Code: ENDURANCENATION

Comments

• Options
    Hi Captain Laura - thanks for the reminder on the training page videos, there are bunch of good ones for this week

• Options
    @Laura, thanks for getting this up and running! I've been pumped for this for a few weeks now! I live famously hot Columbia, SC and will be going back to IMLOU for a second year in a row.
  • Options
    Did a 4-hour ride today with the focus on keeping power steady throughout each interval ... I'm too used to crushing up hills so I'm working on just cruising ... kept each interval at VI 1.02 or less.  Had a fairly good brick run afterwards; legs were tight but they loosened up
  • Options
    @Paul Curtin good stuff! 3.5 hour ride and brick as well. Decided to do it on the trainer as there was a potential for raining and I was really looking to dial in nutrition. Another strong week coming to a close. 
  • Options
    I ended up doing 100 miles  with a 40' run. @Paul Curtin nice job on the VI!  Mine was at 1.09.  I've been trying to increase my NP every week, but it varies a little bit depending who I ride with.  I plan to do the race rehearsals solo, so that is when I can focus on VI and negative splitting the NP.  The run felt great, but I did have a 45' minute break.  I know I did not drink enough on the bike, because I never peed. Looking forward to the Team EN Zwift ABP ride tomorrow!
  • Options
    @Brian Hagan -- was the 1.09 from TrainingPeaks or Strava?  My files from yesterday's ride show vastly different VI figures

The Strava file shows actual ride time (4:09) and average power of 208, which matches the Garmin 520.  VI on Strava is about 1.05

The TP file lists the entire ride time including stops at 4:23.  (I press the start/stop button during stops)  This skews the VI as it shows AP at 199, and VI=1.13

• Options
    Hey all, joining the fray as I am going to do the admin work and sign up, get a room, plane ticket & TT bike transport tomorrow.. 
    trying to recover from lake placid. Did something I haven;t done in months this week, virtually nothing!
    swam one day, did a 1.5 hr ride on the road bike yesterday. about to try a short jog and got in a nap yesterday & today!!!
    look forward to training & racing with this group!
  • Options
    @Paul CurtinI was talking about the VI to my ride. 
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2017 3:52PM
    Hi all! I was able to get a 100 mile ride in yesterday. Mostly focused on my nutrition cadence and not so much on power. I don't pass any gas stations on my long rides, so I have to sherpa my fluids. Legs feel solid today, so I'll get a brick in. Next week we have a short family vacay so training will just be runs, then it's full steam ahead. Looking forward to racing with all you all-stars! 
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer it will be tricky trying to not jump in too soon. Enjoy the rest!
  • Options
    @Brian Hagan -- that's interesting ... your times from the TP file and Strava file are almost the same ... average power is also the same ... but NP is different so VI calculations are different ... based on the Strava file your computed VI is 1.05

https://www.strava.com/activities/1107242305

For me though, the TP and Strava times were different and AP was different, yet NP was about the same.  All of a sudden I'm not sure which source has more meaningful data

• Options
    Still working through recovery... this shizzz is no joke! Got in a very short run on Mon & tuesday, did a nice 3000 yard OWS with my group yesterday. Planned on doing an EZ bike & short run today. Did 3x8 + 1x11 @ Z3 on the bike, blew off the run, legs need a rest. Tomorrow is my "long" run day and going to try and go an hour ez... 
    hoping that by next week i can cobble together a semblance of a normal week, planning on some big swimming this weekend. 
  • Options
    @Paul Curtin - I upload my workouts to Garmin Connect and GC uploads to Strava and TP.  I find that TP usually always matches GC but Strava is always different. I've heard that Strava apply their proprietary logarithms and recreate the workout data.  I trust GC and TP over Strava.
    @Scott Dinhofer - Don't rush the recovery phase, you have a ton of fitness that will be with you for several weeks post IM. I've had to dig myself out of an over-training hole before...it's not fun.  Glad you decided to race IMLOU over Choo...welcome to the team!
  • Options
    HI, all or should I say Ya'll!  I'm from Marietta, GA, just north of Atlanta. I'm married, have two great boys (4 and 9) and work for a management consulting firm.  This will be my first full. ( Lou will also be my first marathon :#)  I've completed 4 HIM (Macon Rock n Roll (a local non-branded race), Chatt 70.3 twice, and Augusta 70.3).

I joined EN this past November in the Nov OS. I've been so happy with my training and results so far.  I know this plan and team mojo will get me across that finish line.  My athletic background is as a competitive swimmer. I swam for the University of Delaware and was an ocean lifeguard in the summers at Rehoboth Beach.  So, I do have a leg up on the swim, and am very comfortable in open water. I know not many triathletes can say this so for that I'm very fortunate.  My weak leg is the bike, which, of course seems to be the biggest piece of the puzzle.  I can hold my own running, although not sure how well after swimming and biking and never have run a marathon before, but that's part of the fun, right?
    Thanks, everyone! I'm looking forward to following this forum, and look forward to meeting you all online and at the race!
  • Options
    @Sabra Gonzalez - do the training as written, use this forum & your coach thread A LOT! then school yourself on the awesome execution resources here in the EN site... there is a screencast from prior years on the LV race pages that everyone should watch. show up on race day and trust your training, you're gonna be awesome!
  • Options
    Major training hick up to come in September, as I was just notified that have to be traveling with clients in Germany for 7-8 days, at their side likely 10-12 hours a day, and at some hotels without gyms, NOT a good way to try and calm the nerves coming into your first IM3 or so weeks later! Almost a year training in the making, I hope this does not side track fitness, etc...reached out to Coach P on this one for help....ughhhh
  • Options
    Cheers from cool and rainy Germay.  Been 12-14 hour work days and jet lag kept me up for 22 hours thraight the other day with only 6 hours sleep in 3 days. Not fun. Way tired.  you Training has been impossible, but at least the bright side is that my step count has topped 11,000 per day at minimum.